Iowa Game Prediction Thread

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
:rolleyes:

McNamara is clearly injured. Sounds like you have your excuses ready though.

McNamara looked really good on Saturday... Iowa fans were raving about it. Most said 10x better than Petras.

As far as an excuse for me... not an excuse... just facts. Take McNamara, Kaleb Johnson, Lachey, Shannon (already out), and Richman off their team for this Saturday... and that's what ISU is dealing with. Not an excuse, just facts.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
McNamara looked really good on Saturday... Iowa fans were raving about it. Most said 10x better than Petras.

As far as an excuse for me... not an excuse... just facts. Take McNamara, Kaleb Johnson, Lachey, Shannon (already out), and Richman off their team for this Saturday... and that's what ISU is dealing with. Not an excuse, just facts.
Iowa will be missing a starting CB as well. Either way, that’s on all the players. I’ve also heard most the ISU players were replaceable from ISU posters on another thread. McNamara is decidedly irreplaceable for Iowa.

Pre-suspensions I thought Iowa would win by 7-10 points. After suspensions and watching Iowa play one game, I’m less optimistic but think they still pull it out.

17-13 Iowa

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I've been hearing from the Iowa media and fans for weeks that it is a quad injury, not a knee. I think even Cade himself said it was. He said it was getting a lot better after the game Saturday too.

Rocco went down in the game on Saturday too with muscle cramps.... he might not be 100% either.

Tyler Onyedim, our best DL, also went out with an injury Saturday.

Guess what? All kinds of guys on both sides are dinged up... deal with it.
Yeah, cramps from heat happened to basically every team this weekend. Not really apples to apples as they’ll be back without any issue.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Maybe slightly, but not much.
Fair. Here’s the kicker, Iowas DL got worse. Not having Shannon and losing Van Ness to the draft, and we still rushed for 129 yards last year. Very interested to see what happens, but I’m optimistic

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa will be missing a starting CB as well. Either way, that’s on all the players. I’ve also heard most the ISU players were replaceable from ISU posters on another thread. McNamara is decidedly irreplaceable for Iowa.

Pre-suspensions I thought Iowa would win by 7-10 points. After suspensions and watching Iowa play one game, I’m less optimistic but think they still pull it out.

17-13 Iowa

Dekkers coming into this year might have been improved over last year, but right now, after one game, I'd say QB is a wash probably. Dekkers has more potential than Rocco IMO, but Rocco so far has shown to be safer with protecting the ball.

I'd also say Hanika wasn't a huge loss, although he did have 2 or 3 TD catches last year, maybe more? But our TE room is loaded.

The rest are definitely missed IMO. Remsburg, when healthy is our best OL. Jirehl Brock was easily our starter this year and our best all around RB. And Isaiah Lee was a beast at NG. Yes Dom Orange is also a beast, but having both of those guys to rotate in and out would have been huge.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Fair. Here’s the kicker, Iowas DL got worse. Not having Shannon and losing Van Ness to the draft, and we still rushed for 129 yards last year. Very interested to see what happens, but I’m optimistic
I’m more worried about our CB opposite CDJ and our LB’s. DL is as deep as it’s ever been. Losing Campbell is a much bigger loss than LVN imo.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Just remember that Hawkeye fans like to exaggerate the size of things.

View attachment 116299
Reminds me of a great Gary Shandling fishing story joke. “My mom took me fishing. I caught a fish and my mom said ‘Wow that’s a big one!’ . That was the first and last time I heard those words from a woman.”

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Dekkers coming into this year might have been improved over last year, but right now, after one game, I'd say QB is a wash probably. Dekkers has more potential than Rocco IMO, but Rocco so far has shown to be safer with protecting the ball.

I'd also say Hanika wasn't a huge loss, although he did have 2 or 3 TD catches last year, maybe more? But our TE room is loaded.

The rest are definitely missed IMO. Remsburg, when healthy is our best OL. Jirehl Brock was easily our starter this year and our best all around RB. And Isaiah Lee was a beast at NG. Yes Dom Orange is also a beast, but having both of those guys to rotate in and out would have been huge.
I tend to agree more with you than previous posters. I think Lee’s the biggest loss, then Dekkers. Brock is good but RB is typically a position most teams can find suitable replacements and that’s certainly true for ISU. It’s not like he was ever on Hall or Montgomery’s level.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah, cramps from heat happened to basically every team this weekend. Not really apples to apples as they’ll be back without any issue.

I'm just saying a lot of guys are already dinged up and beat up after one game. I saw McNamara scramble a few times, he looked pretty good to me.

What's the name of that stud WR you guys got from The Ohio State University? Did he play?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
He had a play where he could have easily ran for 15 yards and decided to throw the ball away. Not an excuse at all, but Cade can’t run for sure.
Uh yeah, not for sure at all.

Completely within the Ferentz approach to play possum with him. Would not surprise me that he is pretty much 100%.

Kirk and Brian will pull out all the stops for this game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I’m more worried about our CB opposite CDJ and our LB’s. DL is as deep as it’s ever been. Losing Campbell is a much bigger loss than LVN imo.

Sounded like Higgins was a beast though.... 16 tackles... 12 solo.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I've been hearing from the Iowa media and fans for weeks that it is a quad injury, not a knee. I think even Cade himself said it was. He said it was getting a lot better after the game Saturday too.

Rocco went down in the game on Saturday too with muscle cramps.... he might not be 100% either.

Tyler Onyedim, our best DL, also went out with an injury Saturday.

Guess what? All kinds of guys on both sides are dinged up... deal with it.
You said he wasn't banged up.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Sounded like Higgins was a beast though.... 16 tackles... 12 solo.
He was very good. Jackson looked lost out there a lot. Caught up in the wash, bad angles, not great in pass coverage. I’m hoping it was first game jitters.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You said he wasn't banged up.

I said he wasn't injured. He is banged up... along with a bunch of other guys after game one. It's a tough game. Cade said he felt fine after the game and keeps getting better and better. He ran fine the times I saw him take off on Saturday.

I'm sure he's been battling a pulled quad muscle, but a lot of guys have pulled muscles. It is not his knee. According to Iowa media relations, Cade, and KF anyway.

• Dumb
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No…. but it’s obviously already their built in excuse if they lose.

That doesn’t quite work when you’re going up against a team without its starting QB, RB, LT, TE, and NG. In addition to a 2nd string OL too.
Right here.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I'm just saying a lot of guys are already dinged up and beat up after one game. I saw McNamara scramble a few times, he looked pretty good to me.

What's the name of that stud WR you guys got from The Ohio State University? Did he play?
I only noticed him get one target. He had a step on his guy but he was overthrown on that one. I think Cade had pressure on that one but I can’t say for sure. He’s clearly WR4 right now though.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I said he wasn't injured. He is banged up... along with a bunch of other guys after game one. It's a tough game. Cade said he felt fine after the game and keeps getting better and better. He ran fine the times I saw him take off on Saturday.

I'm sure he's been battling a pulled quad muscle, but a lot of guys have pulled muscles. It is not his knee. According to Iowa media relations, Cade, and KF anyway.
Lol, that's exactly what you said.

@Marcelason78 : "Cade's banged up?"

@clonedude : "No…. but it’s obviously already their built in excuse if they lose."

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Like always this game will come down to field position and turnovers. The team that gets the best of those, will win the game.
The new QB for EIU is an improvement over what they had, but anybody would be, the guy was horrible. Their Oline is still a mess, they have a couple of nice TE's and the WR they got to transfer in is decent.
Their defense is not nearly as good, they lost a lot across the entire defense and you just cannot play and plug and not expect some drop off. There LBers were starting for a couple of seasons, and the one was just a stud, drafted by the Lions in the 1st round.

The key to ISU is not panic, play great defense, make EIU earn every yard, special teams have to be like they were last weekend and be special. That means making quality punts, hitting our field goals, and not turning the ball over.

The EIU QB has a soft tissue injury, in his leg, not sure if it around his knee or what. He did hurt it again Saturday, sounds like its one of those that is going to hamper him the entire season. Have to say on their first score the DB for Utah fell down causing the WR to be wide open, that will not happen with the ISU DB's. They are the strongest part of the defense, and while young, they can play man and will come up and hit you.