Iowa Game Prediction Thread

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I could honestly easily see this one going to OT and I'm not sure my body can handle that.
I have a heart monitor on this month - I've already set a reminder to explain why it's going to look funky on Saturdays, especially this one.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I could honestly easily see this one going to OT and I'm not sure my body can handle that.

Start training daily NOW:

6am: 4 raw eggs
7am: Bloody Mary
8am: 1 mi walk
9am: Busch light sipper
10am: Busch Light pounder
11am: chicken wings
12:00: 25 push ups/13 squats
1pm: whiskey sipper
2pm: nap
3pm: dealers choice vodka cocktail
4pm: 25 push ups/13 squats
5pm: super salad w/ light dressing
6pm: Busch light sipper
7pm: Busch Light pounder
8pm: dealers choice frozen pizza
9pm: big whiskey sipper
10pm: rest/prep for sleep

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022

Keep in mind, should you feel like ISU will win, better just take the rest/prep for sleep off the schedule and add a few more big whiskey sippers. Proper conditioning is the key here

MushroomPinball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2017
If Iowa State limits the turnovers or disastrous penalties then the Cyclones win this game easily. This year's game is giving me 2005 Cy-Hawk vibes, where Iowa came in the better team but Iowa State's defense dominated a Hawkeye offense without an injured Drew Tate (knocked out making a tackle after throwing an interception) to a comfortable but not crazy scoring 23-3. I think Iowa State frustrates McNamara who won't finish the game and then the offense only needs to score twice to win. Final 17-6.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
IIRC in any football game, a team that scores a TD on defense or special teams wins 80% of the time.

In this game, if either team scores on D/ST they are going to have a 99% chance of winning. Partly because points are at a huge premium, and partly for the momentum and emotional juice from it.

A clean game, with no turnovers or D/ST scores... I would prob say 16-13 ISU wins. But a turnover either way makes a huge difference.

It's gonna be Tight Sphincter Saturday in our Midwest Mesopotamia.

Reactions: Statefan10

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Can we have one dominating win , at least at home. It has been almost two decades since the 23 - 3 win.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Lol, that's exactly what you said.

@Marcelason78 : "Cade's banged up?"

@clonedude : "No…. but it’s obviously already their built in excuse if they lose."
He hurt himself on a non contact injury in a scrimmage....he wasn't hit. He's not "banged up" by the definition of the word. Unless Utah State hit him enough in other areas during their game with him. I don't have that answer. But that's not what concerns Iowa...his quad INJURY (however slight) is what concerns them.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Wut? I thought he was the next Oliver Martin savior?? Oh wait... maybe he is the next Oliver Martin?

Now watch him torch ISU for 200 yds and 4 TDs. I've jinxed myself on that one. Not good.

Just having some rivalry week fun here.... getting under the skin of some Hawkeye fans that spend 80% of their life on an ISU fan website... that's all. Do all the Hawkeye fan sites suck or what? Wouldn't surprise me... but I've never actually been on one before to see. No desire to go on an Iowa fan site... yuck.
I've been a conscientious observer on them before when their fan base is imploding about something. That's the ONLY time to be on there. Their site otherwise is not enjoyable to be on. Too much black and gold. Makes you nauseous and leaves you slightly depressed that you even went on it to begin with. I don't know how Cyclone fans that actually signed up to banter with other Squawks manage to do it without feeling icky.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011

oh mannn...ya gotta do push ups and squats???

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He hurt himself on a non contact injury in a scrimmage....he wasn't hit. He's not "banged up" by the definition of the word. Unless Utah State hit him enough in other areas during their game with him. I don't have that answer. But that's not what concerns Iowa...his quad INJURY (however slight) is what concerns them.
I guess when I say or hear "banged up" it just means dealing with some sort of nagging injury, not the actual manner the injury was sustained, but to each his own.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

They've all got their excuse ready to go if by chance Iowa loses... guarantee it will be McNamara's quad.

Hassel already said he thinks he's about 60%... which is a joke. He's not that hobbled. He's probably about 90%.