Iowa Game Prediction Thread

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I only noticed him get one target. He had a step on his guy but he was overthrown on that one. I think Cade had pressure on that one but I can’t say for sure. He’s clearly WR4 right now though.

Wut? I thought he was the next Oliver Martin savior?? Oh wait... maybe he is the next Oliver Martin?

Now watch him torch ISU for 200 yds and 4 TDs. I've jinxed myself on that one. Not good.

Just having some rivalry week fun here.... getting under the skin of some Hawkeye fans that spend 80% of their life on an ISU fan website... that's all. Do all the Hawkeye fan sites suck or what? Wouldn't surprise me... but I've never actually been on one before to see. No desire to go on an Iowa fan site... yuck.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I’m more worried about our CB opposite CDJ and our LB’s. DL is as deep as it’s ever been. Losing Campbell is a much bigger loss than LVN imo.
If they use them correctly, the ISU TE’s should be a matchup difficulty for UI

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Question for you-do you think our OL is better than last year?

Honestly? Probably a little bit. That unit last year was a total trainwreck so it would be hard not to be.

I would rate them a D at best compared to an F last year. Granted it's only one game but they were constantly stood up and thwarted on the snap. Pass protection was a little bit better but Becht was still pressured more than I'd like to see. Running lanes were hard to come by but think a healthy Norton and Sama can make more of them than last year's group did.

I think penalties, missed assignments, double team screw ups, etc are areas where I'd expect to see improvement as the year goes on. But we just don't have the horses up front for the unit not to be a weakness. Realistically I'm hoping for modest improvement and for the unit to play at a high D low C level. Not sure we are more capable than that without you get guys rapidly improving and getting into the lineup.

Maybe it happens but I just don't see it. OL looks to far be the weakest unit on the team. Clanton has his work cut out for him.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Honestly? Probably a little bit. That unit last year was a total trainwreck so it would be hard not to be.

I would rate them a D at best compared to an F last year. Granted it's only one game but they were constantly stood up and thwarted on the snap. Pass protection was a little bit better but Becht was still pressured more than I'd like to see. Running lanes were hard to come by but think a healthy Norton and Sama can make more of them than last year's group did.

I think penalties, missed assignments, double team screw ups, etc are areas where I'd expect to see improvement as the year goes on. But we just don't have the horses up front for the unit not to be a weakness. Realistically I'm hoping for modest improvement and for the unit to play at a high D low C level. Not sure we are more capable than that without you get guys rapidly improving and getting into the lineup.

Maybe it happens but I just don't see it. OL looks to far be the weakest unit on the team. Clanton has his work cut out for him.
I’ve watched the game a few times at this point. It wasn’t great obviously, but I saw some very promising things not named Darrell ******* Simmons. We were getting to the second level, as well as opening holes. The hardest thing will be the RB’s improving their field vision now that they actually have holes to run through

Reactions: ZRF and dafarmer

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
3-2.

Is Gus Johnson doing the game?

I want to hear Gus Johnson try to spin excitement out of a 3-2 football game.

'Aaaaand....he GOT. THE. FIRST. DOWN. Ball at the 50, play the music young fella!'

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I’ve watched the game a few times at this point. It wasn’t great obviously, but I saw some very promising things not named Darrell ******* Simmons. We were getting to the second level, as well as opening holes. The hardest thing will be the RB’s improving their field vision now that they actually have holes to run through

Lol on Simmons.

One thing I will concede as I really didn't think about it is the likely ability and willingness for Clanton to work with Nate and adjust blocking assignments and protection schemes based on game play. Based on what we watched last year I doubt this was done much, if at all, as it was the same Trainwreck week in and week out. Basically that's taking the cohesion factor one step further and saying the coaching staff will likely play a larger active role than in years past.

If, by the grace of God, this becomes a decent unit (this year) Clanton deserves a hefty raise.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
ESPN FPI currently has ISU 57% chance to win
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think ISU wins by 4. No clue what the final score is but 17-13 sounds right.

• Optimistic
Reactions: RagingCloner

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
You might have been the only person on the planet that would have picked ISU to beat Iowa before the season started.

Iowa is ranked 25, and ISU predicted to finish next to last in the Big 12. ISU coming off a nightmare of an offseason in which they lose their starting QB, RB, LT, TE, and NG.

And you would have picked ISU over your beloved Hawkeyes you’re always bragging about? Somehow I don’t believe that.

He’s the most level headed hawk fan you’re going to find.

It’s like how half of our basketball fans think we are gonna suck even though we have our best recruiting class of all time.

Reactions: OscarBerkshire