UFO stuff & "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch"

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
James E. McDonald ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._McDonald ) received his Ph.D. from Iowa State in Atmospheric Physics. He was hounded (and it likely caused great stress in his life) by another Iowa State grad Electrical Engineer Philip J. Klass ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_J._Klass ).

McDonald's scientific approach to the research on UFOs made him one of the most prominent and highly regarded in this off-beat field. Klass (a likely CIA asset) was an out-and-out UFO debunker and harassed McDonald. It would not surprise me, and you could make the case, that this whole smear campaign deteriorated McDonald's life, disrupted his marriage, and in part led to this tragedy:

(Wiki) On June 13, 1971, McDonald was found dead with a head wound in a desert area, with a .38 caliber revolver and an apparent suicide note found nearby.

I doubt many at Iowa State are aware of this most remarkable man and his nemesis. An interesting book could be written on the whole affair!

McDonald's life work is nicely captured in this UFO Hunter's episode. Though not a big fan of this show this 45-minute "mini-doc" is an almost masterful tribute to McDonald's legacy:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: aauummm

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
UFO crash in Iowa City in 1920? Wow. That explains a few things. At the 50:40 mark a news item was discussed in this interesting video:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

The 5 key bombshells from the House UFO hearing...​

Such as:

Rep. Eric Burlison (R-MO) asked about violence engaging with the UAPs, and Grusch said he could confirm some colleagues were injured "both by UAPs and by people in the federal government."

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Mass sightings at schools by students of UFOs and aliens are part of this phenomenon.

Here are five of many reports, some with background information, which really test that the kids were fabulating or wholly mistaken.

Zimbabwe, 1994, 62 students

Australia, 1966, 300 students and teachers

Wales, 1977, 15+ students

Florida, 1967, 12 students and teacher

Britain, 1967, 6 students (alien only?)

Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
James E. McDonald ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._McDonald ) received his Ph.D. from Iowa State in Atmospheric Physics. He was hounded (and it likely caused great stress in his life) by another Iowa State grad Electrical Engineer Philip J. Klass ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_J._Klass ).

McDonald's scientific approach to the research on UFOs made him one of the most prominent and highly regarded in this off-beat field. Klass (a likely CIA asset) was an out-and-out UFO debunker and harassed McDonald. It would not surprise me, and you could make the case, that this whole smear campaign deteriorated McDonald's life, disrupted his marriage, and led to this tragedy:

(Wiki) On June 13, 1971, McDonald was found dead with a head wound in a desert area, with a .38 caliber revolver and apparent suicide note found nearby.

I doubt many at Iowa State are aware of this most remarkable man and his nemesis. An interesting book could be written on the whole affair!

McDonald's life work is nicely captured in this UFO Hunter's episode. Though not a big fan of this show this 45-minute "mini-doc" is an almost masterful tribute to McDonald's legacy:

Just finished watching Red Panda Koala's latest video, Science & UFOs. James Edward McDonald is prominently presented in the video and since he was an ISU grad and professor my interest was pigued about him. I ended up ordering "Firestorm: Dr. James E. McDonald's Fight for UFO Science", by Ann Druffel.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Just finished watching Red Panda Koala's latest video, Science & UFOs. James Edward McDonald is prominently presented in the video and since he was an ISU grad and professor my interest was pigued about him. I ended up ordering "Firestorm: Dr. James E. McDonald's Fight for UFO Science", by Ann Druffel.

I applaud your informative post!

Science & UFOs should be essential viewing for any person having an interest in the UFO topic.

Prominent Scientists all coerced or compromised into debunking UFOs when they themselves had UFO beliefs and observations! The CIA was all over the UFO topic, misdirecting, papering over, and putting a smiley face sledgehammer to many. And so it now emerges, the CIA levered these great minds into debunking UFOs using weasel words, plausible deniability, and secrecy.

Sagan, what made him change from a believer into pushing back against ALL EVIDENCE of observations and landing traces? Sagan stated: "Extraordinary proof is needed." When all that is really needed is the simple proof that they are appearing to keep from us!

Condon I had always viewed as a dark force working against UFO disclosure. However, after Red Panda Koala illuminates his career Condon comes off as sympathetic. Did the CIA "Red Scare" him into compliance? His actions like making the statement, "I'm not supposed to reach that conclusion yet" or his biased (forced?) approach to his eponymous report containing contrarian conclusions and negating the study of the phenomenon overall.

Think of the lives disrupted (like that poor Michigan farmer Frank Mannor observing the UFO landing near his home in Hynek's compelled Swamp Gas fiasco), to the many police who lost their careers after reporting UFO Sightings, or the tragedy that befell our man McDonald. Some S.O.B.s are causing these destructive acts using taxpayer money (for the self-serving monopoly of profiting off alien technologies?).

So many connections! The report of Mussolini's 1933 UFO crash recovery in Italy, captured by U.S. forces in WWII is just another! https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...s-he-has-evidence-of-1933-ufo-crash-in-italy/

If anything sums up things it was the one-eyed Astronomer Thorton Page's blind-eye denial of the whole aerial mystery...darkly humorous if not ironic!

Last edited:
  • Winner

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I applaud your informative post!

Science & UFOs should be essential viewing for any person having an interest in the UFO topic.

Prominent Scientists all coerced or compromised into debunking UFOs when they themselves had UFO beliefs and observations! The CIA was all over the UFO topic, misdirecting, papering over, and putting a smiley face sledgehammer to many. And so it emerges, the CIA levered these great minds into debunking UFOs using weasel words, plausible deniability, and secrecy.

Sagan, what made him change from a believer into pushing back against ALL EVIDENCE of observations and landing evidence? Sagan stated: "Extraordinary proof is needed." When all that is really needed is the simple proof that they are appearing to keep from us!

Condon I had always viewed as a dark force working against UFO disclosure. However, after Red Panda Koala illuminates his career Condon comes off as sympathetic. Did the CIA "Red Scare" him into compliance? His actions like making the statement, "I'm not supposed to reach that conclusion yet" or his biased (forced?) approach to his eponymous report containing contrarian conclusions and negating the study of the phenomenon overall.

Think of the lives disrupted (like that poor Michigan farmer Frank Mannor observing the UFO landing near his home in Hynek's compelled Swamp Gas fiasco), to the many police who lost their careers after reporting UFO Sightings, or the tragedy that befell our man McDonald. Some S.O.B.s are causing these destructive acts using taxpayer money (for the self-serving monopoly of profiting off alien technologies?).

So many connections! The report of Mussolini's 1933 UFO crash recovery in Italy, captured by U.S. forces in WWII is just another! https://www.popularmechanics.com/mi...s-he-has-evidence-of-1933-ufo-crash-in-italy/

If anything sums up things it was the one-eyed Astronomer Thorton Page's blind-eye denial of the whole aerial mystery...darkly humorous if not ironic!
Nice post! The injustices that people endured just for telling what they had seen and others just for believing the possibility of UFOs existence is very disturbing.

I remember the extreme hesitancy that my father-in-law had when he mentioned to me that he had seen a UFO and then carefully judged my reaction before proceeding. It was sitting on the ground not more than 150' from him. After watching Red Panda Koala's video I can better understand peoples' extreme hesitancy to even mention any UFO sightings!

I am very interested in the circumstances surrounding McDonald's alleged suicide. Hopefully, Druffel's book will include more details. It just seems very weird that a taxi driver would take him out into the desert and then leave him there to commit suicide. He was a brave Cyclone, may he RIP.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Nice post! The injustices that people endured just for telling what they had seen and others just for believing the possibility of UFOs existence is very disturbing.

I remember the extreme hesitancy that my father-in-law had when he mentioned to me that he had seen a UFO and then carefully judged my reaction before proceeding. It was sitting on the ground not more than 150' from him. After watching Red Panda Koala's video I can better understand peoples' extreme hesitancy to even mention any UFO sightings!

I am very interested in the circumstances surrounding McDonald's alleged suicide. Hopefully, Druffel's book will include more details. It just seems very weird that a taxi driver would take him out into the desert and then leave him there to commit suicide. He was a brave Cyclone, may he RIP.
Enjoy the Druffel book. It has been out since the early 2000s but I have yet to wade into its 600+ pages. Fun to hear what you think of McDonald's biography once you read it.

The fact your F-I-L had such a close encounter with a landed craft is a first for me. I have never had a report like that disclosed to me directly. My Sister and three of her friends were traveling near Lawler Iowa in the late 60s when a large firey orange/red object was seen in the night sky. Since the moon was due to rise some said that is what they saw. She was adamant it was not and that report made the pages of the then-venerable DM Register.

In the past, the abused and most disaffected are pilots reporting UFOs especially military and commercial. How is it that highly experienced military aces, top gun trained, having superbly honed skills, and airline pilots of keen judgment have been disparaged after an encounter? Though that has changed somewhat I have recently argued online with those calling pilots wrong.

And of military pilots, some have lost their lives pursuing UFOs they neared or killed others as their abandoned jet crashed. Here are a few of those cases:

Four killed when jet chasing UFO crashes 1954:
[http://www.nicap.org/540702walesville_dir.htm

Infamous Mantell Case of jet pilot crashing killing pilot in pursuit of UFO.

The plane and pilot chasing UFO were never found after an extensive search.
https://www.history.com/news/ufo-fighter-jet-disappears-over-lake-superior-kinross-incident

An early book covering the Walesville case above is one of the first UFO books I can recall from my youth and still a favorite:

Flying Saucers- Serious Business by Frank Edwards

The story is on page 30...read free at the link above after signing in you can set it to an audible book by clicking the headphone icon in the link options menu bar just below the text.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Ah, the crazy stories which come out of the UFO world. Las Vegas had backyard seven-foot aliens in early July with no proof other than a kid's seeming imagination freaking out his family.

Well at almost the same time Peru experienced weird, flying, seven-foot aliens that appeared and disappeared at will, replete with glowing eyes, bulletproof armor, and throat-slitting homicidal tendencies.

Many witnesses with supporting images are easily debunked...or are they!?

Peruvians are not stupid people and the "Gold Miners Dressed like Flying Aliens" is not an accepted explanation by the witnesses.

So which is crazier the explanation or the stories?

Last edited:

NICY

Aug 18, 2023
New adventures of the boys bumbling along in a quasi-Scientific investigation of the so-called "most mysterious place on Earth," will air sometime Spring 2021. Finding the show entertaining at times, plodding, and almost campy at others, I look forward with a sense of hunger.

AS! There are some inexplicable photo captures, videos, and eyewitnesses accounts which need real Science to investigate. Hoping to crack open a cold one and enjoy, laugh, and maybe scratch my head.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
A video that I hope is not real from 2014 of a plane seen to disappear in-air by two sources:

Authorities say pieces of debris have been confirmed to be from MH370 for what that is worth:

Nice analysis here:

Researchers have taken on the challenge of debunking the video and have found evidence to discredit it. The explosion, or implosion, of the plane, is a copy lifted from a "CGI" explosion off an old site:

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Researchers have taken on the challenge of debunking the video and have found evidence to discredit it. The explosion, or implosion, of the plane, is a copy taken from "CGI" explosion on an old site:

This is what is needed: People working from the facts and finding all provable explanations for a lot of these internet-flooding UFO videos. However, accepting that some sightings have no prosaic explanation and developing other hypotheses is Science. Isn't that how we got to our current level of Science by working to solve a mystery?

The realization of the existence of UFOs as being something other than miscues of identity is what has led to theories on what and where these "crafts" come from.

However, there are STILL debunkers who will NEVER accept the existence of the mystery of UFOs as being something other than fakes, misidentifications, or products of disturbed minds.

I have listened to one debunker (who I will not identify) still pushing that the Aguadilla UFO was a balloon. Do you think this is a balloon?

The video comes from the official Homeland Security program:

I can think of reasons for these debunkers who somehow believe they, and they alone, can disprove all UFOs. The big one is they may be trained and paid debunkers (by who and why?). They have some value but their absolutism is such that it would keep us from understanding the UFO phenomena.

This is maybe one of those debunkers: https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-travis-taylor-saga-grows-stranger-and-stupider

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Las Vegas ten-foot aliens were real, insists family and are sticking to their story:

An outside-the-box interview with UFO whistle-blower David Grusch is eclectic, informative, and a little mind-bending:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
If I had to pick one video to paint a real picture of what, and why, aliens abduct people this hour-and-one-half does it best especially around the 1:22:00 mark:

• Informative

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Enjoy the Druffel book. It has been out since the early 2000s but I have yet to wade into its 600+ pages. Fun to hear what you think of McDonald's biography once you read it.

The fact your F-I-L had such a close encounter of a landed craft is a first for me. I have never had a report like that disclosed to me directly. My Sister and three of her friends were traveling near Lawler Iowa in the late 60s when a large firey orange/red object was seen in the night sky. Since the moon was due to rise some said that is what they saw. She was adamant it was not and it made the pages of the then-venerable DM Register.

In the past, the abused and most disaffected are pilots reporting UFOs especially military and commercial. How is it that highly experienced military aces, top gun trained, having superbly honed skills, and airline pilots of keen judgment have been disparaged after an encounter? Though that has changed somewhat I have recently argued online with those calling pilots wrong.

And of military pilots, there are those who have lost their lives pursuing UFOs they neared or killed others as their abandoned jet crashed. Here are a few of those cases:

Four killed when jet chasing UFO crashes 1954:
[http://www.nicap.org/540702walesville_dir.htm

Infamous Mantell Case of jet pilot crashing killing pilot in pursuit of UFO.

The plane and pilot chasing UFO were never found after an extensive search.
https://www.history.com/news/ufo-fighter-jet-disappears-over-lake-superior-kinross-incident

An early book covering the Walesville case above is one of the first UFO books I can recall from my youth and still a favorite:

Flying Saucers- Serious Business by Frank Edwards

The story is on page 30...read free at the link above after signing in you can set it to an audible book by clicking the headphone icon in the link options menu bar just below the text.
I doubt anyone reads much anymore, especially old UFO books that I post links to here.

However, to understand the pervasive nature of the subject, traces left, and the impact it has on people's lives, being well-read on the historical narrative of UFOs is essential. So here is a second book by Frank Edwards free to read when you set up a free account. As mentioned before, you can turn it into an audiobook by hitting the earphone icon just below the text on the right:

Last edited: