Mel Tucker is under investigation

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I'm talking about after she went public. What does his response change.
Well the internet loves to be outraged about something and this was the perfect storm for it. Add in the fact that the story broke at midnight with a bunch of people posting false facts and you get a skewed narrative. His story casts a lot of doubt in people’s minds that I have talked to.

Add in the fact that they both displayed some odd behavior and this country’s history of black men being vilified for sexual harassment/assault claims that turned out to be false and you have a mess.

Reactions: CycloneVet

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Well the internet loves to be outraged about something and this was the perfect storm for it. Add in the fact that the story broke at midnight with a bunch of people posting false facts and you get a skewed narrative. His story casts a lot of doubt in people’s minds that I have talked to.

Add in the fact that they both displayed some odd behavior and this country’s history of black men being vilified for sexual harassment/assault claims that turned out to be false and you have a mess.

Did they share why? The posters on here won't answer so I'll take any insight.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020

Most accurate post of this thread. Even just ahead of mine.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Did they share why? The posters on here won't answer so I'll take any insight.
Well the reasons vary from the ones you see on here like why didn’t she hang up on a 36 min call. To why did she send him a Father’s Day card after, why did she want to come back to speak on campus after and keep communicating with him. To the timing where she only filled the complaint after he postponed her next visit to campus. The fact that she deleted all her texts and messages when she knows better and promotes keeping them to survivors. Then you have the fact that she accepted multiple gifts and donations from him. There is also the timing of why it took months to report. You also have now his statement saying her lawyer wanted a settlement from him. There is also the timing of her choosing to go public at an extremely random time. There is the racial component and then the classic she was leading him on.

I’m sure I’ve missed some and obv left out some of the more deplorable ones I’ve heard but that’s a lot of them.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Well the reasons vary from the ones you see on here like why didn’t she hang up on a 36 min call. To why did she send him a Father’s Day card after, why did she want to come back to speak on campus after and keep communicating with him. To the timing where she only filled the complaint after he postponed her next visit to campus. The fact that she deleted all her texts and messages when she knows better and promotes keeping them to survivors. Then you have the fact that she accepted multiple gifts and donations from him. There is also the timing of why it took months to report. You also have now his statement saying her lawyer wanted a settlement from him. There is also the timing of her choosing to go public at an extremely random time. There is the racial component and then the classic she was leading him on.

I’m sure I’ve missed some and obv left out some of the more deplorable ones I’ve heard but that’s a lot of them.

Which of that is new with his statement? The settlement?

I’ve loosely followed it and a lot of that was talked about prior to his statement today.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Did I hear it right (on the radio) that sometime after the phone call, he reached out to her and wanted to meet up specifically without her assistant, and she said no?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Did I hear it right (on the radio) that sometime after the phone call, he reached out to her and wanted to meet up specifically without her assistant, and she said no?
I haven’t heard that. But I’m sure she could have said it. They both deleted all of their messages so it’s kinda impossible to prove anything. Honestly if he didn’t say that he did it, especially since it was on a phone call there would be zero proof. That’s why some people believe him because why would he admit it if he didn’t think they were in a relationship.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Which of that is new with his statement? The settlement?

I’ve loosely followed it and a lot of that was talked about prior to his statement today.
His side of the story, the gifts, the meetings, the mutual relationship, the potential extortion, might be missing something. This whole thing is just sad and I’m just angry at the whole thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Bigman38

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I guess I don't get it. What does her being in a relationship with another married coach have to do with whether her relationship, and in particular his actions, were consented to?
Trying to smear her credibility. Still doesn't excuse Mel Tucker for what he did, however.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
“Consensual personal relationship” seems like strange wording.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron