Mel Tucker is under investigation

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
popcorn-brown-claymation-0sz0dt7bhumu7ifv.gif

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Exactly, even if his claims are true it still doesn’t matter as he had an extramarital relationship with a vendor.

If this is true then he might sue the hell out of her however.
Bingo. Still can't have a relationship with a vendor so it won't save his job, but might save his reputation in the court of public opinion.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
So basically his defense is "yeah, I cheated on my wife but it was with a ***** so it doesn't matter".

Note - not implying she actually is or isn't anything, phrasing for context.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Oh wow. This is gonna get ugly, and a ton of dirty laundry is about to get aired.

Reactions: Drew0311

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
So basically his defense is "yeah, I cheated on my wife but it was with a ***** so it doesn't matter".

should cheating on your wife be basis for the firing, though? I mean if thats what he did (cheat on his wife) I doubt the school can fire him for cause.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
should cheating on your wife be basis for the firing, though? I mean if thats what he did (cheat on his wife) I doubt the school can fire him for cause.
Yep it breaks the very specific moral clause in his contract as well as cheating with a vendor. He’s still gonna get some money but the cause is justified.

Reactions: CoachHines3

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Bingo. Still can't have a relationship with a vendor so it won't save his job, but might save his reputation in the court of public opinion.
More importantly if he has the evidence that showed up today it would open up new potential jobs somewhere else. Not saying he would get them but if he was cleared he would probably get a coordinator job somewhere or a G5 HC job.

Reactions: GMackey32

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
More importantly if he has the evidence that showed up today it would open up new potential jobs somewhere else. Not saying he would get them but if he was cleared he would probably get a coordinator job somewhere or a G5 HC job.
I mean, Bobby Petrino got caught having relations with another University employee and he's currently employed as a Coordinator so you're right.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I guess I don't get it. What does her being in a relationship with another married coach have to do with whether her relationship, and in particular his actions, were consented to?
Agreed. But it will be the old "she lied about that so clearly she is lying about this...she's a vengeful crazy woman" or some variant therof from the defense.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

No, his defense is that he didn't sexually harass her.

Reactions: Jer

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Saban. Tucker worked for him in the past and he has been the coordinator rehab spot for a lot of recent coaches

• Agree
Reactions: FriendlySpartan