Future Big 12 FB Opponents/Schedule Announced

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
Sorry if this has already been said: With the question of how big of a rivalry is ISU-KState in mind, both our teams beating the odds and having 7-1 conf. records when we play this year would make for one of the biggest games in the rivalry's history.

Reactions: nrg4isu

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I get that other people have said that Nebby and Mizzu were bigger games and those ended.

But we had no control over those ending, they left and ended them.

We have control over conference schedules. There are many easy ways to continue the historic matchups and still play the others at least every other year.

Comparing the KSU matchup to Mizzu is Apples to Oranges. As the conference no longer controls Mizzus schedule etc.

There is a reason the B1G has made efforts to not only create rivalries, but also make efforts to protect them. Rivalries are money, excitement and publicity. Even if they are somewhat manufactured, or not as important on a national scale. If they increase the excitement even a little it is a win. I dont understand why the Big12 has not figured this out.

Consider the Nebby/Iowa "rivalry" there is no history, no national importance or interest, but they still ahve pushed it from day 1. Why? Because if they can create the rivalry, they can manufacture the hate and importance, it is a good thing for the schools and the conference. Even if it is only a minor amount of excitement etc.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I get that other people have said that Nebby and Mizzu were bigger games and those ended.

But we had no control over those ending, they left and ended them.

We have control over conference schedules. There are many easy ways to continue the historic matchups and still play the others at least every other year.

Comparing the KSU matchup to Mizzu is Apples to Oranges. As the conference no longer controls Mizzus schedule etc.

There is a reason the B1G has made efforts to not only create rivalries, but also make efforts to protect them. Rivalries are money, excitement and publicity. Even if they are somewhat manufactured, or not as important on a national scale. If they increase the excitement even a little it is a win. I dont understand why the Big12 has not figured this out.

Consider the Nebby/Iowa "rivalry" there is no history, no national importance or interest, but they still ahve pushed it from day 1. Why? Because if they can create the rivalry, they can manufacture the hate and importance, it is a good thing for the schools and the conference. Even if it is only a minor amount of excitement etc.

We have control?

Who is we? We the fans - no we don't. We the football staff - no they don't. We the AD - no he doesn't either.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
It seems the people supportive of losing KSU are either so used to the conference handing ISU **** sandwiches that they will smile and eat it, or fans that are scared of Kansas State.

Here is the conference to ISU, "SAY IT WITH ME, YOU GET A THIRD GAME AGAINST UCF!!"

1698953826788.png

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
Forget K State for a minute. It just would have been nice (and easy, with no apparent cost!) if the powers that be would have accounted for history more with all the matchups. The history I care about most is with other Big 8 teams, and I’m guessing lots of other fans think/feel the same way.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
It seems the people supportive of losing KSU are either so used to the conference handing ISU **** sandwiches that they will smile and eat it, or fans that are scared of Kansas State.

Here is the conference to ISU, "SAY IT WITH ME, YOU GET A THIRD GAME AGAINST UCF!!"

View attachment 118778

Or we don't feel Kansas State was ever a rival and a force feeding "Farmageddon" doesn't add to making it a rival.

• Winner
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Forget K State for a minute. It just would have been nice (and easy, with no apparent cost!) if the powers that be would have accounted for history more with all the matchups. The history I care about most is with other Big 8 teams, and I’m guessing lots of other fans think/feel the same way.

You know who cares about history? Nebraska, because that's all that they have left to cling to.

It's time to move on the Big 8 has long been dead.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Iowa has 3 rivals, when others in the B1G only have 1.

there are a few in this sched that have 1 rival while others have none..

So what is the difference if some have 2 while others have 1.
Iowa is such a candy ass university.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Honest question, since they are “killing” Farmageddon and “destroying” a pseudo rivalry will people treat KSU like we are playing San Jose St in 2028? Or will people get up for the game just like usual since, ya know, its only been 1 calendar year since we’ve last played?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
There's a response from Pollard to a fan who was mad about Farmageddon. Pollard doesn't give a **** about Farmageddon, so he didn't advocate for any different result. It wasn't the Big 12 screwing ISU over.
Where is this response, I would like to read it? "X"?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The Big 8 died 27 years ago.
But the history of playing the Big 8 schools didnt. We still have a loooong history of playing KSU, KU, OSU.

The B1G as it was known/built in the beginning....died 20 years ago....notice they havent had 10 teams for a loooong time. But they still push the importance of the games that have been played for 100+ years, and try to manufacture new "rivalries" with new members. Why? If none of those things matter.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Or we don't feel Kansas State was ever a rival and a force feeding "Farmageddon" doesn't add to making it a rival.

LOL. Force feeding? Dumbest thing ever. I will add my final thoughts and exit the thread. There are too many short-term thinkers here.

Maybe I am biased since I live here, but KC is the hub of the conference. Anything that snips away at that fabric will hurt ISU in the long-term.

KSU-ISU may not be a national rivalry, let's face it, no ISU game has national interest. But KSU-ISU is a regional rivalry. All three "local" teams have big games this weekend. KU/ISU, MU/UG, KSU/UT. These stories have been on nightly news and local talk radio every single day this week. If KSU and ISU meet later with first/second place on the line, it will be huge here.

Anytime I am out with ISU gear, I am constantly told by strangers or merchants, "Hey, we love you ISU fans for the Big 12 MBB tourney!" ISU has a strong presence here.

People pretend we do not lose anything by losing the KSU (or KU) game. But they have no response to what did ISU gain? A third game against UCF. Is that a good tradeoff? Only an idiot would think so.

And we all know it would not have been that hard to have three rival games every year (KSU, KU, and one of CU/OSU/Cincy). Would someone have gotten a poor travel deal? Probably. But **** Houston, UCF, or some other newbie. This is our conference.

So fine if many of you want to mock those of us that care about this and say "calm down, it is just one year."

I guess I will wait and see what the reaction is when the conference rotates the MBB tourney out to Vegas for a couple of years. "Calm down, it is just two years."

Short-sighted to let our regional strength around KC be eroded.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron