Future Big 12 FB Opponents/Schedule Announced

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The Big 10 announced their 2024-28 future opponents today has their been any talk/speculation when the Big 12 would be releasing theirs with the 4 new teams joining? Big 12 going to do the "Flex Protect" Model like the B1G?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
First thing will be figuring out if the previously-scheduled games as non-conference opponents (Baylor at Utah in '24, for example) will stay on each team's schedule as a non-con game or switch to a conference game.

Without those -- and there's a handful of them -- it'd be pretty easy to come up with the opponents for a 4-year cycle. (We've already done it on this board.)

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
ISU will still get screwed over in the schedule.
I don't think so. We took it in the shorts this year, but got rewarded with better bball sched. I think JP got a "gentleman's handshake" that the FB schedule will be easier next year too. Which I think JP knew would be a good thing net-net, because we are liable to be a lot better in 2024 than 2023.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
The Big 10 announced their 2024-28 future opponents today has their been any talk/speculation when the Big 12 would be releasing theirs with the 4 new teams joining? Big 12 going to do the "Flex Protect" Model like the B1G?
With how quickly this year’s schedule came out, I wouldn’t put it past the conference brass not to release it until the middle of August. :chizcoin:

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
i dont get how the big 10 can get their schedule together for 2024-2028 so early whereas the big 12 will sit here and wait until may to release theirs for 2024.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Maybe Big 12 is panning further expansion, so needs to wait on scheduling.

I'm mostly joking.
maybe it was easier for the big 10 because they already had the schedule mostly made and just had to plug in oregon/wash but even so, they had already released the opponents this summer.

im a nerd for schedules and knowing who we play so it annoys me a little bit, hah!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wonder if the big 12 is letting the sec and big 10 drop first and avoiding what is considered the Big games for them and putting our better match ups on weeks that could pull better slots.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Wonder if the big 12 is letting the sec and big 10 drop first and avoiding what is considered the Big games for them and putting our better match ups on weeks that could pull better slots.
Pehaps, but please note the Big Ten hasn't announced the dates yets. Just home and away opponents.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
From @theshadow post on Yormark at BB Media Days:

*Football scheduling parameters will include geography, competitive balance, history, and rivalries. Work ongoing.

CyPack

Apr 19, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
From @theshadow post on Yormark at BB Media Days:

*Football scheduling parameters will include geography, competitive balance, history, and rivalries. Work ongoing.
Sounds like they may be considering a protected rivalry or two for each team, which I think is a good thing. Question is if you could pick 2, what are the protected rivalries you'd want for ISU? I'd have to go with a couple original Big 8/12 teams for tradition, KSU and OSU. KU is tempting but we have the BB rivalry with them that is pretty healthy and I think we align pretty good with KSU and OSU. Will be interesting to see though.

Reactions: cynuck

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Sounds like they may be considering a protected rivalry or two for each team, which I think is a good thing. Question is if you could pick 2, what are the protected rivalries you'd want for ISU? I'd have to go with a couple original Big 8/12 teams for tradition, KSU and OSU. KU is tempting but we have the BB rivalry with them that is pretty healthy and I think we align pretty good with KSU and OSU. Will be interesting to see though.

KU and KSU

Leave the three of us alone.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
ISU will still get screwed over in the schedule.

How so?

KSU in fb and KU in basketball as protected rival vs getting weaker teams?

We've beaten KU as much as anybody including defectors.

In fb KSU has been a miserable history but I don't dread playing them.

Oure AVERAGE ho hum SOS ranking year over the past decade is 11th. There's no way that can get any tougher than it has been. I expect more the 20-35 zone. Iowa's has been 38th for past decade fwiw.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron