Official Utah Utes Welcome Thread

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's a non-conference game along with KSU/Arizona. Just not enough time to change the non-cons.

Those games results need to be used for championship tie-breakers though IMO
Would think Kstate would go buy a game, but AZ probably can't afford to with the PAC hole.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Cocky prediction for sure. Even a team that is favored in all of their games is going to have a very difficult time going undefeated. That said, they are somewhat complimentary of ISU so it's not ALL bad.
They should ask Mike Gundy how well it works out to stroll into Orlando thinking you’re gonna roll UCF easily.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
More evidence that Utah is more than willing to slide into the Texas entitled role. Although I do agree, they have a somewhat easy schedule with toughest games all at home.

View attachment 120026

Using this year’s sagarin:
Texas #2 SOS
Texas Tech #3 SOS
BYU #6 SOS
ISU #7 SOS
KSU #9 SOS
Utah “hardest schedule in nation” #12 SOS

Good schedule, hardly better than a typical Big 12 school this season.

Also love that Arizona is an easy game when Arizona just whooped them and is clearly the better team for the past 4-5 weeks straight.

Reactions: VeloClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Rough day for Utah’s predicted 10-0 vs the Big 12 every season.

They should be able to beat NW with 2nd and 3rd stringers by several TDs if they can run the table in the big 12.
I don’t know anything about their roster and what they did or didn’t have sitting out but Utah has zero passing game from the bits and pieces I watched. I know that one QB of theirs is hurt but Their QB last night was terrible.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
To take anything at all from bowl games is almost as stupid as preseason polls.

I'd say even stupider. Pre-season is a projection based on the previous year with new recruits/transfers added versus the scheduled competition. Lots of reputation and bias comes into it but it's still trying to be a good guess. Other than the very top tier bowls, bowl games are just exhibition games and who knows how they might play out.

Nobody opens the season going "Oh, man, they were really good (or bad) in that bowl game last December!"

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and jctisu

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'd say even stupider. Pre-season is a projection based on the previous year with new recruits/transfers added versus the scheduled competition. Lots of reputation and bias comes into it but it's still trying to be a good guess. Other than the very top tier bowls, bowl games are just exhibition games and who knows how they might play out.

Nobody opens the season going "Oh, man, they were really good (or bad) in that bowl game last December!"

Oh just wait until 12/30. CW and Blum were already setting it up on their pod, “this bowl game actually means something but none of the other ones do.”

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I don't know...people on here still seem to point to the 2020 Fiesta Bowl as some sort of standard, not an exception.

And it seems common for fans to see the bowl as some sort of tone setter for the program/next season.

It is stupid though; one (the bowl game) has nothing to do with the other (season 8 months later).

Also in this column is the 'well ISU beat Team X last season and Team X is traditionally not very good so it should just happen this year' narrative.

• Winner
Reactions: Gunnerclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron