(Almost) Perfect Record Albums...

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Uriah Heep, "The Magician's Birthday", perfect EXCEPT "Echos in the Dark".

Partially forgivable because of "Spider Woman":

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
I’m half kidding, but one album that is excellent that many people are too cool to admit is “All the Right Reasons” by Nickelback.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Not really an out of place song, but having "Her Majesty" as a hidden track at the end of Abbey Road is an abomination. The "she came in Through the Bathroom Window", "Golden Slumbers" "Carry That Weight" and "The End" is the most perfect ending to an album you could have. "The End" is the perfect closer. Then to have whatever the hell that is with "Her Majesty", even if only 15 seconds long, is too bad.
I agree for the most part, but sometimes I go back-and-forth. I've had the discussion w/ @MeanDean (and others).

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The end of "The End" is perfection. It needed to just stop there. "Her Majesty" is catchy enough and may make a fine full song, but it has no business where it was.

"The End" is a more fitting "end" for sure, especially knowing it was the conclusion of final studio LP the group recorded (even if it wasn't the final album the band released).

BigCyFan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
So, every single song on that album is 'that one song'? :jimlad: I would go with Kill 'Em All with 'that one song' being (Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth. They could have just worked about 45 seconds of that base solo into another song.
Haha yeah it's one of the epic collection of songs that all feel like your favorite song from the album.

And Kill Em All huh? Rockin their other stuff? I enjoy most of their albums, minus St. Anger I think lol.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Stevie Wonder -Talking Book
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
U2 - War
Cure - Disintegration
Depeche Mode - Violator
U2 - Achtung Baby
Sure Sure - Selft Titled
Twin Shadow - Forget
Young the Giant - Selft Titled
Roosevelt - Self Titled

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Pearl Jam.... 1st album is pretty good.
AC/DC... Back in Black
Rush..... Moving Pictures
Fleetwood Mac..... Rumors
REO Speedwagon.... High Infidelity
I have to concur on Moving Pictures. I haven't found its equal in the rock realm, top to bottom.

Reactions: cytor

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Now imagine trimming all the detritus from both 70+ minute records and just making a single “Use Your Illusion.” Sure, we wouldn’t have gotten well-aged classics like “Get in the Ring,” but… goodness. How good would that record have been?
Same could be said for Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie and Foo Fighters' In Your Honor. All three bands were big enough in their respective times to pull the double albums off, but none of them ended up being their crowning achievements. Must be a creativity sweet spot based on where each of these was released in the respective careers of each band.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Haha yeah it's one of the epic collection of songs that all feel like your favorite song from the album.

And Kill Em All huh? Rockin their other stuff? I enjoy most of their albums, minus St. Anger I think lol.
I prefer everything before and including ...And Justice For All but I can usually find something I like on all of their albums but yeah, St Anger is my least favorite.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron