(Almost) Perfect Record Albums...

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I love it. I LOVE MoR...but on balance I just don't get as much out of tunes like Lord of this World and After Forever as everything on Vol 4. Different strokes... MoR is an absolutely complete album though. If they filled that minute and a half that FX takes up on Vol 4 with Orchid it would be a perfect album.
I gotta go with Paranoid as my favorite Sabbath album. The self titled album is wicked also, as well as MoR and vol 4. All masterpieces.

I am currently putting together a list of my top 50,000 albums of all time. I will post it when it's finished in a few years.

Last edited:

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
Def Leppard, High N Dry has a sound of its own and is timeless in my eyes. The entire British Invasion of metal was unique.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
The Chicks - Fly and Home
Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour
Taylor Swift - 1989 and Folklore
Maren Morris - Humble Quest

And honestly, SHeDAISY's first 3 were all fire.

Tim McGraw and A Place in the Sun for HM.

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
"These Days" is high on my REM favorites list. And it follows my favorite REM album-opener, "Begin the Begin." (There is a some competition for runner-up in that category).

"I Believe," also from LRP, I rank higher than each of those. "Just a Touch" is on my underrated-REM list.
In the early 90's (while at ISU), I played in a band that covered a few REM songs, and Begin the Begin was one of them. It was a really fun-loud song to play.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

BigCyFan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I prefer everything before and including ...And Justice For All but I can usually find something I like on all of their albums but yeah, St Anger is my least favorite.
I have been jamming to live versions of Justice and it's incredible to "rediscover" something again and be reminded all over again, how good it is.

BigCyFan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I prefer everything before and including ...And Justice For All but I can usually find something I like on all of their albums but yeah, St Anger is my least favorite.
I recently "rediscovered" a couple live versions of Harvester of Sorrow and was blown away about how good it was. Played it so many times and it still does it lol!

Reactions: demoncore1031

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'll agree with this.

Begin the Begin is a terrific opener. I'd probably list both Life's Rich Pageant and Automatic for the People in my top 10, maybe top 5 favorite albums of all time.

I think Automatic is my favorite REM album; it hit me in the right place at the right time. I tried to do this exercise on that album and couldn’t. “Monty Got a Raw Deal” is probably my least favorite on the album, but even it belongs and is still lovely.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Michael Jackson and the Thriller album.

That’s because you can listen to that album first song to last song and it’s outstanding. What song are you saying was bad on the album? I’m confused because I don’t know a bad one on that album

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
More recent, but Dropout Boogie was perfect except for Your Team is Looking Good. Just kinda off compared to the rest of the album.

Otherwise, Dark Side of the Moon minus Money. The song is fine but it just didn’t in the tone of the album to me.

The thing with most Pink Floyd albums is not every song is supposed to be great. Some just lead to other songs and fill a gap. I get what you are saying though. I just like some of the songs that are just fillers to get to the next great song