Tang gonna Tang

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
“They kicked our butts. We didn't deserve to win,” Kansas State coach Jerome Tang said. “Didn't give an effort that deserved to win. Disappointed in that because the staff did an unbelievable job putting together a plan that would give us a chance.”

Unbelievable Tang would say that. I watched the game and thought there was nothing wrong with the effort the KSU players gave.

Can you imagine TJ saying after a game that he and his coaches put together an unbelievable game plan but we lost because our players didn't give enough effort?

Coaches who publicly point their finger at their players often lose their team. Saturday's game is gonna be interesting. Either KSU players will give a monster effort or they will fold like a cheap suit. Hope it's the latter.
All the players going to class today with tire marks on their backs from where the bus ran them over. What an idiot coach.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
“They kicked our butts. We didn't deserve to win,” Kansas State coach Jerome Tang said. “Didn't give an effort that deserved to win. Disappointed in that because the staff did an unbelievable job putting together a plan that would give us a chance.”
Hold on a sec.... this is a real quote? I saw it earlier and thought someone had written it as a joke.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

Unbelievable Tang would say that. I watched the game and thought there was nothing wrong with the effort the KSU players gave.

Can you imagine TJ saying after a game that he and his coaches put together an unbelievable game plan but we lost because our players didn't give enough effort?

Coaches who publicly point their finger at their players often lose their team. Saturday's game is gonna be interesting. Either KSU players will give a monster effort or they will fold like a cheap suit. Hope it's the latter.
He's channeling Aaron White. He's sick of losing to teams he's better than. Since K State is the greatest team with the greatest coach they can only lose when they don't give effort.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Is tang even there next year? Usually when a conman is made as a fraud, they move on before the fuzz shows up.

I think he would jump at the chance for a lateral move to the Big 10 or SEC.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

Giving their players fuel for Saturday vs. us

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Is tang even there next year? Usually when a conman is made as a fraud, they move on before the fuzz shows up.

I said it somewhere else, I think he knows he's toast and is trying to get fired so he can take whatever his buyout is and coast into retirement. His statement blaming the players is 101 what not to do if you want to attract recruits on top of all the other BS.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017

1) If KSU players don't put forth effort against their in state rival, that speaks volume of what the players think of Tang
2) It's the coach's job to ensure their players are playing with effort. That all happens before the game starts. No effort means players don't want to play for each other
3) Good job, Tang. You can't blame yourself for your coaching inadequacies and instead blame your own players. Don't let the door kick you on the way out

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Not sure who's gonna throw him that offer. Tang has gotten completely exposed this year. Dude is the equivalent of a Kirby vacuum salesman.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Tang, to me, is exhibit A on why NIL is so justified/needed for the players.

He gets two studs for one year (Nowell and Johnson) that get him to the elite 8 - and Tang cashes in on a monster contract extension that sets him up for life.

Marquis Nowell and Keontae Johnson are both in the G-league last time I checked, probably making $75k.

Tang finding out its hard to win without a stud PG who makes game winners for you.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Maybe. Or maybe giving the players a reason to mail it in.
Totally depends on what the players think of Tang. If they respect him, they will take it as a challenge and double their efforts. If they dgaf about him or the team, they will 100% check out.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Why leave when you have a big buyout waiting if you get fired?

He had a public spat with the KSU President (and maybe the AD too?) early on about a player being kicked off the team. Now being weird all the time. Now throwing his players under the bus. Either he is really really un-self aware, or he is trying to get fired.

He's gone full Prohm on them. Maybe he gets another year, and wins 2 games...

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Tang, to me, is exhibit A on why NIL is so justified/needed for the players.

He gets two studs for one year (Nowell and Johnson) that get him to the elite 8 - and Tang cashes in on a monster contract extension that sets him up for life.

Marquis Nowell and Keontae Johnson are both in the G-league last time I checked, probably making $75k.

Tang finding out its hard to win without a stud PG who makes game winners for you.
As much as I hate the new pay for play world of collegiate athletics, I have to agree with you. Tang is a multimillionaire and the 2 guys who made him a multimillionaire are riding a bus every other night to play in front of 4,000 fans.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Totally depends on what the players think of Tang. If they respect him, they will take it as a challenge and double their efforts. If they dgaf about him or the team, they will 100% check out.
The players checked out. KSU was facing Kansas! How the $%!? do KSU players not put forth the effort when playing their rival? If the players don't care playing Kansas, they truly don't care anymore

• Winner
Reactions: BACyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron