Tang gonna Tang

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I said it somewhere else, I think he knows he's toast and is trying to get fired so he can take whatever his buyout is and coast into retirement. His statement blaming the players is 101 what not to do if you want to attract recruits on top of all the other BS.
I just think he is an idiot who can’t control his emotions. Couple that with his utter inability to use foresight to perceive how his comments and behavior affect his program and you get quotes like this one.

He’s obviously way more concerned with the non coaching aspects of his job, like dancing in the student section, or identifying spies in the crowd, or pretending to run a holier than tho program. When people are in over their heads, they tend to focus on other things that they can do, even if those aren’t the job. Anyone in there 40s has seen a hire at work not work out in their own profession. And typically what happens is, the failing hire starts inventing work they can do that is tangent to the actual job.

Reactions: Dirt Boy 2

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
KState's motivation for it's game vs ISU on Saturday? If they win, they avoid having to play on Loser Tuesday in the Big 12 tournament!
I keep hearing how much motivated KSU will be on Saturday and how we are walking into a hornets nest. A few things:

1. After what happened during/after the last game, I have no doubt our coaching staff and players will be extra motivated.
2. Spring break for KSU is next week. Will their students stick around for this game, especially after getting destroyed by their biggest rival?
3. Even if it wasn't spring break, has some apathy crept in to their program?

I'm more worried about tonight then I am Saturday. KSU sucks.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I think that was BS by Tang. To me it looked like KSU was putting in effort they just weren't very good. He is such a douche. He said the Cinci game was an NCAA tourney game and they lost lol, then said they are treating KU like a sweet 16 game and got destroyed, are they treating ISU like an elite eight game? Because if so i like how this is trending. Also thought it was hilarious he did a blow by in the hand shake line of KU coaches and players. I have a feeling ISU is going to win pretty easily for a road game.
KU had them pegged. Defensively they eliminated Perry from the gameplan, and KSU couldn’t find another option. That is what is BS about his ‘great plan, poor execution’ postgame statement. It wasn’t a good plan. They made zero adjustments that were noticeable. They kept trying to do what wasn’t working, being told to do it with more effort. That is how you lose a locker room, and then to pile on in the post game…

• Informative
Reactions: BACyclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I keep hearing how much motivated KSU will be on Saturday and how we are walking into a hornets nest. A few things:

1. After what happened during/after the last game, I have no doubt our coaching staff and players will be extra motivated.
2. Spring break for KSU is next week. Will their students stick around for this game, especially after getting destroyed by their biggest rival?
3. Even if it wasn't spring break, has some apathy crept in to their program?

I'm more worried about tonight then I am Saturday. KSU sucks.

They’re still gonna be tough Saturday, but next two years before they fire him I think they really get beat down by everybody as Tang’s poor leadership results in full ROT.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines

Here is video of the handshake line. It is at the very end. Tang finishes well out ahead of everyone else in purple. Maybe he needed to get to the locker room to take a ****. This is what Self was pointing out. That he raced through and left.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Yeah Self is without a doubt a larger than life character and the real deal in terms of recruiting, developing, coaching, and leading a blue blood program.

He has consistently been complimentary and respectful regarding ISU. It seems genuine and honestly it just means more coming from a guy of that stature.

It's completely fair to want to hate him and I don't think he's the best human being in the history of the world, but only a certain type of persona can take a job like KU and make it his b**** the way that he has, and it is NOT your buddy Joe Everyman salt-of-the-earth guy from down the street.

So in that context, I think he's a pretty good guy, and I'm not afraid to say I like both like and respect him.
It's okay to like Bill Self and hate KU.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
They’re still gonna be tough Saturday, but next two years before they fire him I think they really get beat down by everybody as Tang’s poor leadership results in full ROT.
They could be really talented next year with a couple transfers of big men. I think Perry can come back. Kaluma and Carter are both juniors.

But I could also see some players transferring out. And regardless of the talent on the roster, they will again be charmin soft mentally and the Big 12 will be equally as tough next year.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
It's okay to like Bill Self and hate KU.
I have a lot more respect for KU, their fans, and Self after all this Tang ****.

Self isnt out here doing comically fake dances in the student section with half of them looking like they're being held at gun point or accusing other teams of wild conspiracies. His assistants aren't chasing down the other teams staff in the tunnel or cursing out student managers. KU fans aren't buying into the wild conspiracies their staff fabricates and then gaslighting people about where the info came from.

The whole Arterio Morris stuff was disgusting though, that should have never happened

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1 and ca4cy

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
I know TJ won't do it because he has way too much Class. But i wouldn't shake his hand in the pregame or the post game.

Whoever is going to Manhattan, PLEASE have a T-shirt that has Huddle Recorder or something on it!

• Love

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
They could be really talented next year with a couple transfers of big men. I think Perry can come back. Kaluma and Carter are both juniors.

But I could also see some players transferring out. And regardless of the talent on the roster, they will again be charmin soft mentally and the Big 12 will be equally as tough next year.
I believe Perry is done. Two years at JUCO, two years at North Texas and one at KSU.
Like you said, I could see some guys transfer out of there like Kaluma.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Did anyone listen to the Kickin' it feat. Tim Fitzgerald? I'm a little bummed that Jeff and Grant didn't call him out for being the one spreading the rumor. He said it was all done from a KSU perspective by the next game. He also said that he got the scoop from a national writer from a Big XII assistant coach text chain? Talked specifically about OSU brought it up? I was shocked they didn't question him more about this. I realize Tim is very sick with cancer, and they like him. But this bothered me a little, and I don't usually get tied up with noise.

Starts at the 37 minute mark.

Last edited:

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
It's unfortunate that Huggins made such poor decisions, feel like his post game press conference(s) after dealing with Tang during his last season would have been fantastic.

Zero ***** given, unadulterated honesty.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I just think he is an idiot who can’t control his emotions. Couple that with his utter inability to use foresight to perceive how his comments and behavior affect his program and you get quotes like this one.

He’s obviously way more concerned with the non coaching aspects of his job, like dancing in the student section, or identifying spies in the crowd, or pretending to run a holier than tho program. When people are in over their heads, they tend to focus on other things that they can do, even if those aren’t the job. Anyone in there 40s has seen a hire at work not work out in their own profession. And typically what happens is, the failing hire starts inventing work they can do that is tangent to the actual job.

ecea6074-7420-458c-8240-511285bfe367_text.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CyDawg23

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron