****Official Class Of 2024 Recruiting Thread****

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I wasn’t meaning it to be. His talent is obvious and the development that these kids go through under this staff and program makes it likely that he will be gone early. I was honestly thinking this year was a possibility the way he started. He has fallen off a bit with tougher competition.
Now we're closer to being on the same page. If you remember beginning of the year some were already saying one and done. Obviously he needs another year. But until we see where he's at physically next fall it's tough to predict when he'll declare.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It was clear last night that BYU had a strategy to get very physical with Milan. If he gets a bit stronger so he’s taking it into those guys that are bodying him up, he will be a beast next year if he comes back.
I think DeVries is a really good comparison to Milan. Tucker is thicker but hasn't done a transformation like Georges did to prepare himself for the next level. When those three move to draft (Georges obviously already has) they'll likely have similar builds. Tucker like Georges did, needs to firm up. Milan just needs to add the muscle. Skill wise though Milan seems very much like Tucker.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
It was clear last night that BYU had a strategy to get very physical with Milan. If he gets a bit stronger so he’s taking it into those guys that are bodying him up, he will be a beast next year if he comes back.
I think last night was the first where we've really seen him be a bit of a liability defensively. BYU was going right at him, not blowing by him, but going into and through him for a lot of their shots at the rim in the first half. But that's to be expected on some level for a freshman defensively. I'm not worried about his defense moving forward as he hopefully gets stronger this offseason and he's been way ahead of what I expected this season. Plus, most teams aren't versatile enough and don't pass well enough to consistently get that mismatch, so hopefully other teams won't be able to take advantage of him in the tournaments, either.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
He’s 6’8, moves very well. Can shoot most likely much better than we have seen recently. He will get stronger in the off season. I’m guessing we see a much different Milan next year. The NBA will love his game with a little development. They draft on potential and he has a ton of it.
He needs to get quicker. I don't think we've seen him beat anybody off the dribble this year.

• Agree
Reactions: Letterkenny

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
He needs to get quicker. I don't think we've seen him beat anybody off the dribble this year.

Agree, and I think he will, but that fadeaway is deadly when he can’t get around someone. You don’t see guys hit that shot as consistently as he does in the college game

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I saw Nojus at halftime last night. He, like most of us, looked pissed off haha. Not the best first half to watch. Fun to see him posting a video of Hilton Magic later on in the night. What a game for him to see. Also, he's all of 6'5" and may even be 6'6". Kid is huge.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
What makes you say that? Sure, he's got that monster turnaround shot, but he needs to become more aggressive and become a better rebounder before he sniffs the draft market. Dude also needs to bulk up a little bit. He has a long way to go.
Because he is already on NBA radars. And showing up on mocks for next year.

Reactions: Aclone

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I think DeVries is a really good comparison to Milan. Tucker is thicker but hasn't done a transformation like Georges did to prepare himself for the next level. When those three move to draft (Georges obviously already has) they'll likely have similar builds. Tucker like Georges did, needs to firm up. Milan just needs to add the muscle. Skill wise though Milan seems very much like Tucker.
Milan has that crafty footwork that Georges had. Georges had crazy spins on drives, but not the fade away that Milan has. Milan has taken 3's at a higher clip than Georges in his freshmen year, but actually has a lower percent made, but better than what Georges did his sophomore season.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I think last night was the first where we've really seen him be a bit of a liability defensively. BYU was going right at him, not blowing by him, but going into and through him for a lot of their shots at the rim in the first half. But that's to be expected on some level for a freshman defensively. I'm not worried about his defense moving forward as he hopefully gets stronger this offseason and he's been way ahead of what I expected this season. Plus, most teams aren't versatile enough and don't pass well enough to consistently get that mismatch, so hopefully other teams won't be able to take advantage of him in the tournaments, either.
It seemed in the first half they had us spread enough we were slower to get the help trap than what we have been many games. It was a uniquely called game as they seemed to call everything on the drives but left a "play on" message under the bucket. I was totally shocked to see BYU more physical than us for more than half the game, then equally shocked how much our D stepped up and made them wilt in the last 5 minutes of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ271

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
No more an den!

Are you trying to do a Dude Where's My Car joke?

FYI I listed them all to point out how far down the depth chart Pavs could be next year if any of the three new guards play well defensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aclone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Milan has that crafty footwork that Georges had. Georges had crazy spins on drives, but not the fade away that Milan has. Milan has taken 3's at a higher clip than Georges in his freshmen year, but actually has a lower percent made, but better than what Georges did his sophomore season.
Like I said Milan equates more to Tucker to me.

Reactions: Rabaird1

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Like I said Milan equates more to Tucker to me.
I get the comparison, as they are similar size. I always thought of Tucker as a 2-3, where Milan is more of a 3-4. Tucker is obviously older and more developed physically, but Milan is so very crafty with his footwork.

• Agree
Reactions: Letterkenny

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I get the comparison, as they are similar size. I always thought of Tucker as a 2-3, where Milan is more of a 3-4. Tucker is obviously older and more developed physically, but Milan is so very crafty with his footwork.
Tucker plays the 4 in the valley but is a true 3. He's the guy they use at the top to break down the D at the end of the clock. I think Milan will eventually become that for us as well. They ran offense through Georges but it was pretty exclusively from the wing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron