****Official Class Of 2024 Recruiting Thread****

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Right now Milan is the 5th most valuable player. Cujo, Tamin, BRE, King are outperforming. Maybe Gilbert also. He needs to work on inside game, strength, defense, quickness, ball handling...

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Milan has that crafty footwork that Georges had. Georges had crazy spins on drives, but not the fade away that Milan has. Milan has taken 3's at a higher clip than Georges in his freshmen year, but actually has a lower percent made, but better than what Georges did his sophomore season.
But Georges perfected his craft by shooting hook shots over Nerlens Noel! Bet you didn't know that little tidbit. Lol

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
All this talk of leaving early...this squad is gonna win the natty in a couple years and then they will all get drafted.

G - Lipsey - SR
G - Indrusaitis - SO
F - Momcilovic - JR
F - Biliew - JR
C - Rock - SO
Why wait so long? All we need is a bit of improvement skill-wise from Omaha, some added muscle from Milan, and JT to be solid.

G - Lipsey JR
G -Gilbert SR, Jones SR, Pierce FR
G - Momcilovic SO, Indrusaitis FR
F - Bilieu SO, ?
C - Rock FR, ?

Milan can swing to the “4” if necessary, wings aplenty to allow that. Rock will get 25 minutes a game and be fine—unless TJ finds a one year guy at the 5 who is really, really good.

And with what’s coming back, it’s going to be very easy for TJ to find whatever missing pieces he decides he needs.

Where’s the ‘25 Final Four going to be held?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Why wait so long? All we need is a bit of improvement skill-wise from Omaha, some added muscle from Milan, and JT to be solid.

G - Lipsey JR
G -Gilbert SR, Jones SR, Pierce FR
G - Momcilovic SO, Indrusaitis FR
F - Bilieu SO, ?
C - Rock FR, ?

Milan can swing to the “4” if necessary, wings aplenty to allow that. Rock will get 25 minutes a game and be fine—unless TJ finds a one year guy at the 5 who is really, really good.

And with what’s coming back, it’s going to be very easy for TJ to find whatever missing pieces he decides he needs.

Where’s the ‘25 Final Four going to be held?
Hamilton, Watson and Fish are likely to contribute next year more then Pierce will as a freshman. If TJ truly sees him as a PG next year will be m/l a redshirting first year. Then rotation guy after Gilbert and Jones are gone. Probably shouldn't write off Paveletzke either. A year in the system may help him find his niche.

I can almost guarantee TJ will prioritize a 5 to pair with Rock. Biliew, Watson, Fish and occasional Momcilovic gives us a lot of options at the 4. That's not to say if the right 4 opportunity comes along we wouldn't grab them.

Reactions: farmland_foundling

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Was on 24/7 to remind me of our 2025 C offer (Rodgers). Saw Tyler Ode SF is headed to Toledo. Might be a nice portal connection down the road.

Reactions: Drew0311

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Hamilton, Watson and Fish are likely to contribute next year more then Pierce will as a freshman. If TJ truly sees him as a PG next year will be m/l a redshirting first year. Then rotation guy after Gilbert and Jones are gone. Probably shouldn't write off Paveletzke either. A year in the system may help him find his niche.

I can almost guarantee TJ will prioritize a 5 to pair with Rock. Biliew, Watson, Fish and occasional Momcilovic gives us a lot of options at the 4. That's not to say if the right 4 opportunity comes along we wouldn't grab them.
I’ve looked at TJ’s comments from signing day. There’s little that says “point guard”, to me more of a penetrating wing who makes plays.

See link below, especially the full statement on Twitter.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I’ve looked at TJ’s comments from signing day. There’s little that says “point guard”, more of a penetrating wing who makes plays.

See link below, especially the full statement on Twitter.

The PG assumption has come from CF so I'm going to stick with that until I hear different. If your going to correct someone you need to stick to the facts and not add descriptions like wing at your leisure.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The PG assumption has come from CF so I'm going to stick with that until I hear different. If your going to correct someone you need to stick to the facts and not add descriptions like wing at your leisure.
I wasn’t attacking you or your statement, just making a comment in general. And I know who definitively said “point guard” ages ago. Matter of fact, it was in direct response to one of my comments about recruiting, way back when.

And you got huffy. That tells me you feel like there’s bad blood between us. Honestly? It seems like you pay a whole bunch more attention when it’s my username than I do to yours.

I suppose that’s a “me” problem. I’ll try to work on it. Fair enough?

Went back and fixed it for you. I am sorry that I wasn’t clearer the first time. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Have a good weekend, Cyforce.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I wasn’t attacking you or your statement, just making a comment in general. And I know who definitively said “point guard” ages ago. Matter of fact, it was in direct response to one of my comments about recruiting, way back when.

And you got huffy. That tells me you feel like there’s bad blood between us. Honestly? It seems like you pay a whole bunch more attention when it’s my username than I do to yours.

I suppose that’s a “me” problem. I’ll try to work on it. Fair enough?

Went back and fixed it for you. I am sorry that I wasn’t clearer the first time. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Have a good weekend, Cyforce.

Aclone this is all just opinions and you like to correct people. Which does tend to put me on edge. Somedays I just ignore other days I get annoyed and chirp back if I'min a mood. I know you mean well.

Personally I hope he is our PG after Lipsey. Combine his Kane type skills with a pure shooter (Indrusaitis) and a very skilled CG (fingers crossed Batemon) could give us deep tourney run backcourt for years to come.

In the end we're all Clones here and that's what's important.

Reactions: Aclone and nrg4isu

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
I know CW said they recruited him to play PG as well as Pierce himself. He is a shooting guard, and he has the ball handling. I don’t think it really matters if he’s playing the one or the two in TJ’s system. I’m sure he will split time at each.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I know CW said they recruited him to play PG as well as Pierce himself. He is a shooting guard, and he has the ball handling. I don’t think it really matters if he’s playing the one or the two in TJ’s system. I’m sure he will split time at each.
Especially if he's playing alongside Batemon. But year one i think Indrusaitis is more likely to crack the rotation.

Reactions: JVAR

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
How long did Milan sit at the end of the game Wednesday? Feel like he got pulled early and didn’t go back in.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
I apologize if this was already posted, but Nojus won NH Gatorade Player of the Year. There were some nice things said about him on the link below. Led Brewster in scoring and shot 43% from three.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I apologize if this was already posted, but Nojus won NH Gatorade Player of the Year. There were some nice things said about him on the link below. Led Brewster in scoring and shot 43% from three.
And Curtis Stinson Jr won the Iowa version—after being State Tournament MVP, leading the tournament in both scoring and assists.

Someone’s going to get a good player.

Yes, I realize he’s ‘25. Just saying)

Reactions: NATEizKING and JVAR

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I think TJ lands a very good big man in the transfer portal, giving us a deadly lineup next year, assuming Rock and Billiew can be good enough next year. Very excited for this team's future.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think TJ lands a very good big man in the transfer portal, giving us a deadly lineup next year, assuming Rock and Billiew can be good enough next year. Very excited for this team's future.
We don't know how Rock's development is going. We do not know if he is going to be a 5 min guy or a 25 minute guy. Billiew seemingly has a long way to go before he is considered good enough to really help out. His footwork needs work, his hand eye coordination is not the best right now. We need help on the front line to get as good as we are now so I think we actually need to bigs. Plus, injuries happen, look what happened to Ward, it cost us a couple of non con losses and probably a one seed, you have to compensate for potential injuries.

At guard, we have the big 3, but I think Pierce will play next year, he is a big and physical guard with good handles. Nojis will help too. We are set at guards, enough that if an injury happens we will compensate.

• Creative