***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 6/FINALS (Sat., 6:00)***

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I hope dresser sticks around for quite a bit more. We really have a great blend of coaches. Metcalf and st J are like uncles who are highly respected. Then you have dresser who being older gives that ornery grandpa vibe that the kids like and exudes respect. Now throw in DC sticking around and you got the cool, accomplished older brother in the group.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I will get a timeout most likely if I use the exact words and it was directed at the hawks. That should give you the gist.
But that can't be true because I've heard from multiple hawk fans that chittum was coming back to them

• Haha
Reactions: stuclone

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I wish the tournament would be in KC every year so I could always attend. This was my first nationals and it was awesome!

Hopefully KC can get in the rotation like St Louis and host once every 6-8 years.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
yeah, if Bastida wins that quarterfinal match he gets 7 more points..and Davidson doesn’t get to the finals. That was the difference in our tournament. But I am pumped for the future, is everyone returning next year except for Will and David?
yes, assuming that no one gets picked of by NIL, which I doubt.
My wife was yelling for David so much I really couldn’t hear them
She's a keeper.

Reactions: jkbuff98

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sanderson could use some humble pie at this point. At least Gable always maintained respect for ISU.
That thing is so far into another galaxy that while I agree with you, I have no clue who can touch that juggernaut in the foreseeable future.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Has Sanderson been egregious towards ISU? Outside of burning us 15 yrs ago?

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
DC is terrible with his stream of consciousness.

That said, I didn’t think they were disrespectul to Carr at all.

I had to watch the match again since some of you are defending the announcers. I think my initial impression of poor announcing was right. And maybe it was just Cormier (all due respect; he was a great wrestler; that doesn't mean he's a good announcer). The commentators on an ostensibly neutral site (you tube) also largely critical of refs and announcers.

You can decide on your own but my title for the announcing:

The Story of Mesenbrink's Cheerleader with some Disrepect to Carr:

--"Mesenbrink loves wrestling"/he's out there working; having a good time (mentioned at least twice) (as if his love for wrestling exceeds that of other wrestlers, including Carr).
--No one can keep up with his Mesenbrink's pace (this was repeated at least three times)
Also: "Mesenbrink making Carr work"
Also: "Mesenbrink making [Carr] uncomfortable"
Also: The pace is now catching up [with Carr]
Also: Carr looking at the clock (mentioned twice--in 1st or 2nd prd)(Implied: he's stalling)
--Does [Carr] have the energy to ride him out?? (with about 20 sec's left in the 2nd)(and after he had almost accumulated 2:00 of riding time)(Mesen did get out w/about 2 sec's left but no cause to ask the Q to begin with).
--[Carr] "taking desperation shots"

At the end of the match, the announcers disagreed on who outwrestled who (meaning: someone thought the score didn't reflect this?).

As others have mentioned, the stalling calls were just horrible (the second one unbelievable).

Last edited:

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
yeah, if Bastida wins that quarterfinal match he gets 7 more points..and Davidson doesn’t get to the finals. That was the difference in our tournament. But I am pumped for the future, is everyone returning next year except for Will and David?
When you put it that way it's even worse:(

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
I had to watch the match again since some of you are defending the announcers. I think my initial impression of poor announcing was right. And maybe it was just Cormier (all due respect; he was a great wrestler; that doesn't mean he's a good announcer). The commentators on an ostensibly neutral site (you tube) also largely critical of refs and announcers.

Evidence of Mesenbrink's cheerleader (probably Cormier) with some clear disrepect to Carr:

--Mesenbrink loves wrestling/he's out there working;having a good time (at least twice) (as if his love for wrestling exceeds that of other wrestlers, including Carr).
--No one can keep up with his (Mesenbrink's) pace (this was repeated at least three times)
Also: Carr looking at the clock (mentioned twice--in 1st or 2nd 3rd)(Implied: he's stalling)
--Does [Carr] have the energy to ride him out?? (with about 20 sec's left in the 3rd)(and after he had almost accumulated 2:00 of riding time).
--[Carr] taking desperation shots

At the end of the match, the announcers disagreed on who outwrestled who (meaning: someone thought the score didn't reflect this?).

As others have mentioned, the stalling calls were just horrible (the second one unbelievable).

Rewarched without all the emotion. 1st stall terrible, 2nd stall even worse, messenbrink calls injury time and david doesn't get to go down. That was atrocious officiating.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames

You can decide on your own but my title for the announcing:

The Story of Mesenbrink's Cheerleader with some Disrepect to Carr:

--"Mesenbrink loves wrestling"/he's out there working;having a good time (mentioned at least twice) (as if his love for wrestling exceeds that of other wrestlers, including Carr).
--No one can keep up with his (Mesenbrink's) pace (this was repeated at least three times)
Also: Carr looking at the clock (mentioned twice--in 1st or 2nd prd)(Implied: he's stalling)
--Does [Carr] have the energy to ride him out?? (with about 20 sec's left in the 2nd)(and after he had almost accumulated 2:00 of riding time)(Mesen did get out w/about 2 sec's left but no cause to ask the Q to begin with).
--[Carr] "taking desperation shots"

Watched all night but didn’t have volume on outside of Carr’s match. I hope the other 9 matches didn’t include the announcers talking about the runner-up the entire time the champion was celebrating on the mat after winning an NCAA title.