Iowa State Uniform Discussions

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Agree on your last paragraph so much. I just don’t think we will get a large variety and I don’t think we are getting a white collar either.

I would say this is the most likely design. Which is still an improvement imo, but less adventurous.

View attachment 126907

I'm happy with that Jersey. I've seen better variations of the shoulder striping on here but I don't dislike what was shared by ISU football.

I do think our jersey is getting a little 'congested' with all the decals/patches on the front. I wonder what the Jack Trice Logo would look like in the collar area, where the current I-state logo sits.

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
Every song has been sung and every type of uniform has been created. Good luck finding a uniform so unique its never looked like another.
i agree...it will be impossible to look distinct/unique if you limit yourself to regular horizontal sleeve stripes. if we want to be different with the sleeves we need to throw the trice stripes on there or improve upon our current 'tornadic' sleeve design or something.

iowastate_jerseyedit_sleeve_v2.jpg iowastate_jerseyedit_sleeve.jpg

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
i agree...it will be impossible to look distinct/unique if you limit yourself to regular horizontal sleeve stripes. if we want to be different with the sleeves we need to throw the trice stripes on there or improve upon our current 'tornadic' sleeve design or something.
1712169443953.png

I've been saying the 5-bar logo makes so much more sense than horizontal stripes. People outside the diehards are just learning about the 5-bar/Trice logo and attributing it to ISU. Why not capitalize on that rather than stupid horizontal stripes that don't represent anything?

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Every song has been sung and every type of uniform has been created. Good luck finding a uniform so unique its never looked like another.
That's like saying all jeans look the same. Yeah, because they are, by nature, jeans. If you're saying there's no creativity and all unis look the same...I couldn't disagree more. As an avid uni-watch follower, here are just a few:

Oregon
Army/Navy every single year
Notre Dame's Shamrock Series unis
Iowa's feathered abominations
Northwestern's Gothic unis
Boston College has worn several unique unis
UCLA has standard stripes but they are on the tops of the shoulders
Maryland has unique piping

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
View attachment 126925

I've been saying the 5-bar logo makes so much more sense than horizontal stripes. People outside the diehards are just learning about the 5-bar/Trice logo and attributing it to ISU. Why not capitalize on that rather than stupid horizontal stripes that don't represent anything?
im curious how that this would like with pads on. Given how tight the jerseys are worn and how small the shoulder pads are now (especially skill positions) would it be recognizable? All would depend on the player I would imagine.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Williams & Blum talk a little bit on the uniforms at the 39:37 mark:

Where is the "CF link" CW is referring to (3'16")? I couldn't find it. Could someone post the tweet here and elsewhere?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Agree on your last paragraph so much. I just don’t think we will get a large variety and I don’t think we are getting a white collar either.

I would say this is the most likely design. Which is still an improvement imo, but less adventurous.

View attachment 126907

View attachment 126915 View attachment 126916
I do like talking uniforms. They should take advantage of the talent here before they make a change. Cases in point here. I don't see why they don't consult us (and some of the top uniform designers on CF) first.

I think most of us would feel better if we had some input.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The fanbase out east wants these beauties back! View attachment 126930
giphy.gif

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
What about the pants? Pretty sure they're incorporating white into the home jerseys so they don't clash so much with the white pants. I'm surprised one of you Photoshop experts haven't given us a full uniform mockup yet (I doubt anything is changing with the helmet other than using a white chinstrap with the red lids).

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016

View attachment 126915 View attachment 126916
Nice mockups. The one on the right is basically exactly what I was describing yesterday, white accent. Wonder how it would look if it was larger on the sleeve.
I also think their is something to using the jack trice bars in the uniform. But I also think the JT logo as a badge as they have it now is very impactful.