J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Give those minutes to Nojus Indrusaitis. I understand we are "all-in" for a Final 4 run next year but let’s continue to invest in the future at the same time. Prep recruits need to continue to be the foundation. Developmental program. Indrusaitis is a stud could very well have a Momcilovic type impact his freshman year.
Big Fan of Nojus and would like him see the floor this year, but not sure the staff wants to count on him year 1.

I also don’t think Hadley role as SF/PF will be the same as Nojus who’s more of a SG. There are a ton of high level players in the portal the staff has a lot of time to find a Hadley type replacement and I expect them too.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Analytically, per Torvik, our numbers look slightly better with a combo of Kyle/Jefferson than they do with Hadley/KyleORJefferson
Because I don’t know how Torvik works, would this be under the assumption we role out similar rotation roles next year?

What I mean by this is, while I get TJ doesn’t go by numbers, Milan was mostly a 3 this year. With Hadley, you likely see Milan get more minutes in a 4-like role so you have Lipsey/Gilbert/Jones/Hadley/Heise rotating 3 positions. If it assumes Milan is more of a 3 role as he was this year, you’d be splitting those 5 guys up between 2 positions, thus making Hadley less valuable

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Big Fan of Nojus and would like him see the floor this year, but not sure the staff wants to count on him year 1.

I also don’t think Hadley role as SF/PF will be the same as Nojus who’s more of a SG. There are a ton of high level players in the portal the staff has a lot of time to find a Hadley type replacement and I expect them too.
If the staff doesnt count on him this year he is in the portal less than 12 months from now. They counted on Hunter, Lipsey and Momcilovic as true freshman. Indrusaitis is going to come in ready to go. Hunter, Lipsey and Momcilovic were thrown into the fire as true freshman as well in promary roles. Indrusaitis be eased in as a role player.

All Im saying is lets be cognizant of recruiting over these high profile freshman with 4 years of eligibility and the building blocks of our program.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

In the context of next year, counting on him is only in filling a role while one of the starters is off the floor. We've counted on freshman for way, way more than that on a regular basis.

Reactions: exCYtable

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Because I don’t know how Torvik works, would this be under the assumption we role out similar rotation roles next year?

What I mean by this is, while I get TJ doesn’t go by numbers, Milan was mostly a 3 this year. With Hadley, you likely see Milan get more minutes in a 4-like role so you have Lipsey/Gilbert/Jones/Hadley/Heise rotating 3 positions. If it assumes Milan is more of a 3 role as he was this year, you’d be splitting those 5 guys up between 2 positions, thus making Hadley less valuable
It’s more based off of overall roster strength and not necessarily how they stack up 1-5

Reactions: ISUCubswin

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
If the staff doesnt count on him this year he is in the portal less than 12 months from now. They counted on Lipsey as a ture freshman and Momcilovic as well the last two years. Indrusaitis is going to come in ready to go.

All Im saying is lets be cognizant of recruiting over these high profile freshman with 4 years of eligibility and the building blocks of our program.
Freshman aren’t the foundation of programs anymore.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Lipsey and Momcilovic are the very defintion of the backbone and foundation of the program currently. Both were crucial pieces to their teams as true freshman.
No, they were role players alongside transfers. Roles easily filled by transfers if needed, and in Lipsey’s case, only available because of an injury to transfer and AJ Green deciding late to go pro

Rosters are year-to-year. It’s not preferable to have a freshman Nojus get time instead of adding Hadley, based on the archaic concern of “if the staff doesnt count on him this year he is in the portal less than 12 months from now”.

We won’t compete with prep recruits as the foundation. Being a developmental program means being young. It doesn’t mean bypassing NIL- see Hunter

Last edited:

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
No, they were role players alongside transfers. Roles easily filled by transfers if needed

Rosters are year-to-year. It’s not preferable to have a freshman Nojus get time instead of adding Hadley, based on the archaic concern of “if the staff doesnt count on him this year he is in the portal less than 12 months from now”.

We won’t compete with prep recruits as the foundation. Being a developmental program means being young. It doesn’t mean bypassing NIL- see Hunter
Lol at calling Lipsey and Momcilovic role players. Get a grip dude!

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
No, they were role players alongside transfers. Roles easily filled by transfers if needed

Also, you said rosters are year-to-year. In an offseason where we will enter the season as a likely preseason top 5ish team and legit national title contender, we arent able to lock up what would be a crucial piece in Hadley who has a gosh darn COUSIN on the team due to $$$$. If not now then when? We arent going to have much more of an advantage for a high profile transfer than that. Ever. Coach Green doesnt have any other sons on his way to the NBA.

If we try turning over the roster every single year we are in trouble. Dont have have the NIL resources to do it.

Recruit players. Develop them. Hope they turn into All-American caliber players (Lipsey, Momcilovic). Supplement those pieces with transfers as role players as needed.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Any other known visits lined up aside from Kyle and Jefferson? Won't be surprised if they follow more $ somewhere else just like Hadley.