We Will Collective contributor numbers

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I'm very serious when I say the biggest thread on here should be "Brent Blum Appreciation Thread". Outside of TJ and CMC, there's nobody more indispensable to Iowa State right now than @brentblum , in my opinion. JP, BF, etc could retire and I'd feel so much better in our ability to bring in somebody to keep the momentum and success flowing than if Brent left.

Brent is on another level with his passion for ISU and his efforts on NIL are best in the country.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I'm very serious when I say the biggest thread on here should be "Brent Blum Appreciation Thread". Outside of TJ and CMC, there's nobody more indispensable to Iowa State right now than @brentblum , in my opinion. JP, BF, etc could retire and I'd feel so much better in our ability to bring in somebody to keep the momentum and success flowing than if Brent left.

Brent is on another level with his passion for ISU and his efforts on NIL are best in the country.
You are too kind, but it's a whole team effort. Appreciate you all!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
why is it crazy to think the guy worth $2 billion cant donate $2m a year to ISU NIL?

From what I’ve gathered he just isn’t a huge fan. Which is fine. The son in laws are obviously and I assume are helpful in retaining TJ.

But we want to be careful because we don’t know who is donating and just not wanting it out there. Not everyone wants it publicly known what they are donating. And someone has been donating pretty heavily towards our matching drives which probably total close to a million just in the match for the year. There’s probably 3 people who that could be. My guess has always been Tyrese. But I have no idea.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
From what I’ve gathered he just isn’t a huge fan. Which is fine. The son in laws are obviously and I assume are helpful in retaining TJ.

But we want to be careful because we don’t know who is donating and just not wanting it out there. Not everyone wants it publicly known what they are donating. And someone has been donating pretty heavily towards our matching drives which probably total close to a million just in the match for the year. There’s probably 3 people who that could be. My guess has always been Tyrese. But I have no idea.
Come on Dennis, dish out a little early inheritance so the son-in-laws can bankroll some national championships

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
seems their interest in ISU Athletics has increased the last few years, evidenced by Albaugh Family Plaza

Denis can be extravagant with his money in some ways (ex: horses, golf courses, corvette collection, event venues, island real estate, etc.)

but i've heard in other ways hes tighter than bark on a tree (ex: driving "old" pickup trucks)

so yeah it wouldn't surprise me if he didnt want his name out there as the spearhead of our NIL fund

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I know who Tyson family is, but I didn't know if he was giving the full $5MM or other donors are chipping in to achieve that $5MM number. If Wal Mart starts to give more, game over.
IIRC, a good chunk of Walmart money gets spent on Mizzou athletics also. It's a big family.

Reactions: chadly82

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
IIRC, a good chunk of Walmart money gets spent on Mizzou athletics also. It's a big family.
Fore sure, it's like a 50/50 split of the money goes to those universities. Let's not forget the name change of the Mizzou basketball arena

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Fore sure, it's like a 50/50 split of the money goes to those universities. Let's not forget the name change of the Mizzou basketball arena
Just pointing out that having a billionaire sugar daddy does not equal success. Although I am sure it does not hurt. Any billionaire who would like a better return on their sporting investment should give Blum a call, to be honest.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
the "wal mart money" when people talk about Arkansas is more from the c suite executives than the Walton family itself

for example, the current WalMart CEO Doug McMillon is a U of A graduate

Reactions: wxman1

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Just pointing out that having a billionaire sugar daddy does not equal success. Although I am sure it does not hurt. Any billionaire who would like a better return on their sporting investment should give Blum a call, to be honest.
It doesn't but it doesn't hurt (OU, OSU, Texas, Ohio State have all benefited and had success from very rich individuals). Having JP has saved us.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
the "wal mart money" when people talk about Arkansas is more from the c suite executives than the Walton family itself

for example, the current WalMart CEO Doug McMillon is a U of A graduate

Funny to think about all the Hokeye fans working and making purchases at WalMart that ultimately funds the Arkansas NIL.

Last edited:

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
What I learned reading the last few pages today. @brentblum needs to find a WeWill chicken/beef supplier. I've been eating a lot of pizza and drinking lots of lager. It must be time for some chicken and beef.....Or maybe Tyson needs to help us out since they bought IBP years ago and have a presence in the state.

Reactions: brentblum

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
What I learned reading the last few pages today. @brentblum needs to find a WeWill chicken/beef supplier. I've been eating a lot of pizza and drinking lots of lager. It must be time for some chicken and beef.....Or maybe Tyson needs to help us out since they bought IBP years ago and have a presence in the state.
Would beef jerky qualify ;) …prepare yourself.

dshindy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2014
Johnston
Any update on getting the pizzas over to WDM and Waukee Hy-Vees? Valley West Hy Vee is the closest to me and that's still a decent jaunt from my work and I pass 2 Hy Vees on the way.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
why is it crazy to think the guy worth $2 billion cant donate $2m a year to ISU NIL?
Because he doesn't care about ISU athletics enough to donate $2 million to directly pay a bunch of 20 year olds. Like I said, he isn't T Boone Pickens or one of these billionaires who is obsessed with their favorite college sports programs.

If you want to play semantics with my use of "could", go for it. The point was clear. Assuming Albaugh is going to fork over millions of dollars every year for our NIL fund is a huge assumption. An NIL fund is not the same as donating to academic programs or athletic facilities with your name on it.

Last edited: