Do you have cat(s)? A funny for you

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Dogs or cats, ALWAYS go get a rescue. Dont buy one unless you are gonna show them.

Our dumpster pets are the best. They are the most loyal and appreciative, and often pretty smart. Its like they know you saved them. Save a life!
And spay/neuter them!!!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Dogs or cats, ALWAYS go get a rescue. Dont buy one unless you are gonna show them.

Our dumpster pets are the best. They are the most loyal and appreciative, and often pretty smart. Its like they know you saved them. Save a life!

My cats were (from top to bottom)...

Found stray (family picked her up in a parking lot but couldn't keep her, I found her on a flyer)

Found stray (found "cold and hungry in a gutter on Christmas") before being brought to a shelter

Semi-feral barn cat

Found stray (found under the porch of a family in West Union, Iowa along with her brother... my wife was already negotiating with them to buy an Aussie/Golden mix puppy... got the cat thrown in for free)

Semi-feral barn cat (was being somewhat cared for but this past winter she climbed up into the engine compartment of a truck to keep warm... was stuck there when the truck took off down the highway... fell out on the highway, bad case of road rash, almost got hit, but got picked up and brough to a vet and brough to a shelter where I found her and found her so cuddly and sweet she just had to come home with me)

Cats are interesting in that they're still (mostly) a feral species genetically. Almost all pet cats were once strays or are no more than one generation removed from being strays and the evolutionary pressures that come with surviving outside on their own. Dogs, on the other hand, were bred for this nonsense.

1713165817409.png

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Trina ("Tri-Tri")

View attachment 127450

Ninja

View attachment 127451

Eucalyptus ("Eukie")

View attachment 127452

Cinnamon

View attachment 127453

Ginger

View attachment 127454

And yes. There are five of them. I love them all so much. They're my little friends.

I love all the calicos and torties. They have such fun personalities.

I used to have a calico and I loved her sassy nature. I currently have a cow cat (who thinks he's a dog and is very protective of us) and a brown tabby (the biggest scaredy cat in the world).

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I love all the calicos and torties. They have such fun personalities.

I used to have a calico and I loved her sassy nature. I currently have a cow cat (who thinks he's a dog and is very protective of us) and a brown tabby (the biggest scaredy cat in the world).

Wow. What was dumb about my post @Lineup?

Reactions: aauummm

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Never been a cat person, and THOUGHT my wife was allergic so that's always been the reason to the kids for why we can't have them. Had our youngest's birthday party at the Animal Rescue League last summer and ended up coming home with this little guy - Nugget.

I'd say I like him the least out of everyone in the house, but he just seems to love me. Always climbing onto me when I'm sitting on the couch, usually sitting on my chest when I wake up. I'll admit he can be cute at times..

He got along with our ~11 year old golden doodle pretty quick - he'll drive her crazy sometimes but they're friends for the most part. He's great about only going in the litter boxes, just wish we could get him to stop unrolling any and all TP in the house! It seriously seems like he gets a notification anytime someone leaves the bathroom door open.

PXL_20231219_132337879.jpg

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Never been a cat person, and THOUGHT my wife was allergic so that's always been the reason to the kids for why we can't have them. Had our youngest's birthday party at the Animal Rescue League last summer and ended up coming home with this little guy - Nugget.

I'd say I like him the least out of everyone in the house, but he just seems to love me. Always climbing onto me when I'm sitting on the couch, usually sitting on my chest when I wake up. I'll admit he can be cute at times..

He got along with our ~11 year old golden doodle pretty quick - he'll drive her crazy sometimes but they're friends for the most part. He's great about only going in the litter boxes, just wish we could get him to stop unrolling any and all TP in the house! It seriously seems like he gets a notification anytime someone leaves the bathroom door open.

View attachment 127511

We also have a toilet paper terrorist. I've stopped even using the TP holders and just setting the roll somewhere within reach.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

View attachment 127511
Sweet-lookin' cat!

Cat TP-anti-spool tip: Make sure it's under, instead of over (even if your personal preference is the latter).

Last edited:

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
My cat and dog together. My cat is 10 years old. 10 years ago at my lake cabin we heard all these noises in the woods behind. So we ran up there and found some blood and a couple dead baby cats. We think a raccoon got to them. Then we found one alive so I grabbed it. It was this little guy and 10 years later he still follows me around everywhere I go. He doesn't like anybody else, lol. He knows we saved him. Never has scratched anything, gone the bathroom anywhere except his litter box. He has been the perfect cat.
cat.jpg

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Sweet-lookin' cat!

Cat TPanti-spool tip: Make sure it's under, instead of over (even if your personal preference is the latter).

Ha, yeah, tried that - he still manages to unwind the entire roll.. And if the last occupant left the toilet lid up, it usually results in a roll of wet/ruined TP.

I've got my wife & kids mostly trained to keep the bathroom doors shut.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I love the adoption stories. My wife works with some TNR and cat adoption groups in our area, so maybe I'm a little biased! That means we foster kittens occasionally, and all three of our crew were failed attempts at fostering.

IMG_0583.jpg
Zuzu is a "cat" breed. One day, the guys that were always hanging out at the gas station by our apartment in Chicago were selling kittens. They had one left, and wanted $60. The let my wife hold her, at which point in time she told them they couldn't be doing stuff like this, and she was going to give them $20 and take the cat. If they didn't take the deal, she was going to call the cops. And if she ever saw them doing that kind of thing again, she would just call the cops. Now Zuzu's a fat, spoiled, lazy girl who will take any form of attention from just about anyone and frequently snores even if she's awake.

IMG_7255.jpg
Louis was a set up. My wife fostered a litter of snowshoes and he was the one "nobody wanted to adopt." Probably because he was never on the adoption roster. Does she know I know this? Probably. Does she care? Probably not. He's a very sweet boy (usually) and kind of skittish, but loves to roll around in dirt and he's not above getting creative about finding some (seen above). He maintains his innocence in this matter, as well as all similar incidents.

IMG_0047.jpg
Beans is another set up, I'm pretty sure - nother "failed" foster. She's a tortie - loud, sassy, bossy and clearly the "head cat" despite being the baby. Seen here taking her turn sitting in the box (that she mostly destroyed). Our old cat Oliver (RIP) is at the back of the line.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron