Bracketology 2024

charlie_B

Mar 21, 2017
Do they still try to avoid conference rematches in the S16 and E8 like they do in the first 2 rounds? Would they keep us out of the South Region (Dallas) to potentially avoid Houston in the E8?

Would we have better fan support in Dallas or Detroit if we made the 2nd weekend? FWIW, I want to avoid UCONN in Boston more than anything.
1709146120122.png

Looks like they avoid it. unless the rules changed from last year.

Reactions: ClubCy

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
View attachment 124714

Looks like they avoid it. unless the rules changed from last year.
That means one of us, Baylor, and Kansas are going to get seeded in the East. And one of these 3 are going to miss Omaha.

Interesting question, what’s more important: avoiding the East region or getting Omaha?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If Houston, ISU, Kansas and Baylor are all top-4 seeds, they're all put in different regions by rule.
Assuming Purdue and UConn are the 1 seeds in the MW and East... leaves Houston in either South or West. So ISU gets
a) Midwest with Purdue
b) East with UConn
c) West with Zona (if Houston in South)
d) South with SEC/UNC (if Houston in West)

Note that west 1 seed may end up as one of those SEC/UNC teams, if AZ messes up. Their SOR is already 10th.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Do they still try to avoid conference rematches in the S16 and E8 like they do in the first 2 rounds? Would they keep us out of the South Region (Dallas) to potentially avoid Houston in the E8?

Would we have better fan support in Dallas or Detroit if we made the 2nd weekend? FWIW, I want to avoid UCONN in Boston more than anything.

Give me DE2ROIT!

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Here is something else that could work in our favor. Marquette could also fall off the 2 seed line (never know, long shot?) because Tyler Kolek was just suspended for the rest of the regular season for failing 3 mid term exams. I'm sure the committee will factor that in, but who knows.

That's not real. I saw the same stuff on Twitter earlier. All fake accounts.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
That's not real. I saw the same stuff on Twitter earlier. All fake accounts.
Judas, I never understand why people do this...I guess people get their rocks off in numerous ways... Usually satire pieces are easy to tell, but these type of posts are dumb.

• Agree
Reactions: trevn

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
at what point is it safe for me to buy my tickets to omaha?
Win two of the remaining three, I think ISU is clearly in Omaha. If ISU finishes two games ahead of KU in the conference standings, I don’t see how the committee could seed the Jayhawks higher, all but cementing ISU in Omaha.

Keep in mind that ISU is two games up now and will likely be favored in all three of its remaining games. Conversely, KU will likely only be favored in one of its three remaining games. Still, I plan to wait to tbe end of the regular season before pulling the trigger on tickets.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Palm is a shill. Don't ever use him as a source. Same goes for Lunardi. They are both truly awful at what they do.

Lunardi and Palm are referenced because of ease of access, being they post on ESPN and CBS, respectively. However, just because they publish on widely viewed sites doesn’t mean their analysis isn’t truly awful. ESPN likes to promote Lunardi by saying “he gets the teams right”, ignoring the fact that any decent bracketologist gets the teams right.

As far as Palm… the idiot still has Baylor above us. As far as I know he’s the only one that’s being that stubborn.

Reactions: dahliaclone

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Dated for 2/28 still, Jerry Palm has ISU as a 3 seed in Brooklyn taking on 14 Vermont. (Vermont is GOOD)

Winner has to play the winner of 6 Dayton and 11 Gonzaga....(YUCK!!!!!)

As a 3 seed, it'd be hard to imagine a worse draw.
I’m penciling Gonzaga into the sweet 16. No matter their seed. I sure as hell hope ISU doesn’t see them in the round of 32

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
That means one of us, Baylor, and Kansas are going to get seeded in the East. And one of these 3 are going to miss Omaha.

Interesting question, what’s more important: avoiding the East region or getting Omaha?

Avoiding the East. That being said, excluding whatever may happen if we find ourselves on the 2 line, if we’re playing in Omaha as a 3 we’re probably not playing in the East.