*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
you can look at it two ways though. Frankly with the disrespect we got from the committee, you could say we moved ourselves up to the last 2. Do you think if we had lost to Baylor or Kansas State, we would have been a 2? Not a ******* chance.

No, I just can believe they see a 30 point beatdown of the number one team in the country and that’s where they end up. It’s mind boggling.

Any way, who cares I suppose. This week is one of my favorite of the year. Go Clones!

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
OK, I hate to ask this again, but where is the announcement made for the sessions / times?

Reactions: CY9395

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I'll take the dumb emotes and disagrees for saying this but you are all acting shocked pikachu that the committee punished us for a bad non con when they did the exact same thing in February on the bracket reveal by putting us 11th. They told us a month ago they were going to do it and guess what they did. We played an awful non-con, we did it to get the guys playing together as a team. Getting our teeth kicked in by Wisconsin in week 2 was never part of the plan.

CycloneJoe6

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
Anyone know an account to follow on X for game times? I know people live post them

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
Hopefully next year in the Big 12/Big East challenge we actually draw an opponent with a pulse.
Also get us a upper half Missouri Valley team on the schedule. Doesn't have to be Drake or UNI, but Bradly, Indiana State would be game that looks better and should win at home.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
And is that on CBS or something? I think someone said X maybe? I haven't had to do that before. ha!

I'd be looking at the usual sports accounts on twitter, or they'll be posted here shortly after

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
we could have scheduled in the 200 to 300 range instead so many sub 300

Which is just ridiculous. How much higher can we be ranked by the metrics if we beat 2 teams ranked in the 280s instead of the 320s. They’re all bad teams at that point.

Reactions: ABECyguy

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
And is that on CBS or something? I think someone said X maybe? I haven't had to do that before. ha!
There is a twitter account that has had them in the past but I don't remember what it is. I think eventually the times get updated on the graphics on tv, but it hits twitter first.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Projected point spreads to the Final Four per KenPom for potential matchups:

Favored:
South Dakota St: 16.5
Drake: 12
Washington St: 10
BYU: 5
Illinois: 2

Underdog:
Uconn: 6
Auburn: 2

Surprised still underdog to Auburn after our numbers juiced by 3x blowouts in the tournament.

It’s funny ISU and BYU got all this attention for “gaming the system” when Auburn and Alabama seemed to be inflated by metrics all year.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
OK People. There is a long way to go here. Crazy shot happens in this tournament. We could get on a role and make it with some luck along the way to help (maybe we don't even need it.) Let's just go kick some ass and see where we land. Everyone has to play someone tough along the way, let's just prove we are that touch team for everyone we play!

AND..... realizing that speech didn't help anything becuase none of us can really do anything much to change anything other than cheer. ;)

Reactions: NWICY and aauummm