*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
cant-wait-excited.gif

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
We want to be the Midwest 2 and get Purdue(in theory) in Detroit not az in LA.

Nope - I want the #1 seed, even if it means we get shipped to LA. I want the thing ISU has never had before - a #1 seed - even if it means it will be a harder road (which it probably won't - I'll take anything that's not in the East region and being a #1 seed guarantees that).

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
They should be scared to be in OUR region.
I think most CBB coaches have a pretty good feel for the quality of other teams. Other teams' fans, however, are a different story. I'm guessing that until yesterday, most fans around the country would not have taken ISU seriously. Now, I bet a lot of them will dread seeing ISU in their first two-round potential matchups.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Thanks Rulzzz.

Are we sure we cannot get a 1 seed after destroying Houston and UNC losing to N.C. State?

Resume wise we deserve it IMO. It comes down to us and UNC likely, and our resume is better from almost every angle. Not a huge margin between the two, but a clearly visible difference. And even if they were essentially tied, winning vs not winning a conference tourney should break that (especially given who we beat and who they lost to there)

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Resume wise we deserve it IMO. It comes down to us and UNC likely, and our resume is better from almost every angle. Not a huge margin between the two, but a clearly visible difference. And even if they were essentially tied, winning vs not winning a conference tourney should break that (especially given who we beat and who they lost to there)

About the only aspects it's not is ISU had a much weaker nonconference schedule (a dumb metric to judge a team by when teams are 3 months removed from it), and UNC was a regular season champion of a by far inferior conference, whereas ISU finished second in the most difficult conference in college basketball.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
About the only aspects it's not is ISU had a much weaker nonconference schedule (a dumb metric to judge a team by when teams are 3 months removed from it), and UNC was a regular season champion of a by far inferior conference, whereas ISU finished second in the most difficult conference in college basketball.
It's dumb, but it's an argument that a lot of people are willing to accept unfortunately. It's why I don't have much hope for a 1 tomorrow. The selection committee let us know they were going to hit us for the non-con with their mid-season seedings. So instead of a 1 we will most likely get a 2, which will still be amazing.