Omaha Roll Call

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
This is starting to look like what I was dreading. Ticket prices a bit over the moon and we don't get the "Hilton West" effect we are hoping for. It is what is keeping me away which sucks.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Anyone have any parking tips for the CHI Health center? Is it better to just park in the main lots or are there better spots?

At Wells Fargo I always park across the river and walk over the bridge. It's much easier to get out of than dealing with the main parking lot traffic before and after.

I talked to my BIL last night who lives in Omaha and asked him this question. He says if you are going to the 1st session and are parking before that one starts there probably will be plenty of spots available in the main lots around the arena. Otherwise there are several parking ramps in the area and some pre-pay spaces as well although some of the ramps are tied to hotels so not sure how much public space they will have. He didn't sound too concerned that I'd find close parking near the arena.

• Informative
Reactions: NoCreativity

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Alright, now I’m getting excited. Hoping I can get into my Airbnb early and get to partying around 1. Are there any festivities on gameday that I should know about? Either put on by the city or cyclone specific?

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I'd argue most ISU fans gambled and bought Omaha tickets ahead of time. SDSU and Drake didn't have that luxury.

I’ll be there for the weekend. The good/bad news is that Omaha, like Des Moines, will turn out for the NCAA tournament regardless of who is playing, so there aren’t necessarily a ton of tickets floating around.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Has there been anything announced for spirit rally before the game or women's game watch on Friday? Been checking the Alumni Association and Cyclones.com pages for anything regarding some ISU related stuff going on in Omaha and have not seen anything yet.

Reactions: Joseph Hathaway

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is starting to look like what I was dreading. Ticket prices a bit over the moon and we don't get the "Hilton West" effect we are hoping for. It is what is keeping me away which sucks.

What has the buying process been like?

Two years ago in MKE somehow the Bucky fans seemed to get tickets earlier and there weren't many fans for ISU/LSU.

By the time that game ended it was packed with Bucky fans and then that Sunday on TV it looked like basically Kohl Center 2.0.

JH4ISU

Mar 27, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Am I the only one that had no idea downtown Omaha now has so many of the same bars as the Court Avenue District in Des Moines? Beer Can Alley, Exchange, Stuffed Olive, Annie's. I keep having to do a double take on the alumni association plans and We Will plans that I'm looking in the right city.

Looking forward to checking them all out this weekend!

Reactions: ABECyguy

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Has there been anything announced for spirit rally before the game or women's game watch on Friday? Been checking the Alumni Association and Cyclones.com pages for anything regarding some ISU related stuff going on in Omaha and have not seen anything yet.
I have been told no organized pep rally's till sweet 16. So nothing in Omaha. Not sure about a game watch Friday Night.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Alright, now I’m getting excited. Hoping I can get into my Airbnb early and get to partying around 1. Are there any festivities on gameday that I should know about? Either put on by the city or cyclone specific?
DJs dugout is the bar we used to go to downtown. The last time we were there with the Alumni (by chance) it was the ISU/Baylor football game and it wasn't televised. we lost at the end by a field goal and there was one Baylor fan in there being, lets say annoying. I dont know if it is still the ISU bar or not.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield