ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Headed over from Ames now. Ready to get this party started #HiltonWest

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Annie's opened at 11. There are at least 2 other places in the area that opened at 9am. Beer Can Alley opens at 1pm.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Is Beer Can Alley still the place today? Showering and getting ready to watch some games

Yes. Beer Can Alley is in what is called "The Capital District." It is a courtyard surrounded by bars and restaurants. Beer Can Alley is on the second floor. Use the stairs at the northeast corner.

The same ownership group operates the Irish bar below Beer Can Alley and Annie's next door upstairs.

Pro tip: You can take your beer outside to the courtyard, if you pour into a cup. Last night, people were wandering in and out of multiple establishments around the courtyard. I brought a carryout order from a great ramen restaurant up to Beer Can Alley to eat it.

Reactions: ISUCyclones2015

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
What do we call Omaha?

Hilton West?

Hilton Omahamagic?

Hilton Omahagic?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yes. Beer Can Alley is in what is called "The Capital District." It is a courtyard surrounded by bars and restaurants. Beer Can Alley is on the second floor. Use the stairs at the northeast corner.

The same ownership group operates the Irish bar below Beer Can Alley and Annie's next door upstairs.

Pro tip: You can take your beer outside to the courtyard, if you pour into a cup. Last night, people were wandering in and out of multiple establishments around the courtyard. I brought a carryout order from a great ramen restaurant up to Beer Can Alley to eat it.
I'm a bit further south but it looks like I'm a 10min walk away. See you somewhere in there

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I don’t know about anyone else but really disappointed in Omaha. We are at the Capital District and all the restaurants are closed. The bars are open but we were looking to grab to eat something before going in.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don’t know about anyone else but really disappointed in Omaha. We are at the Capital District and all the restaurants are closed. The bars are open but we were looking to grab to eat something before going in.
Restaurants aren't open? Do they not use money in Omaha or something?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Restaurants aren't open? Do they not use money in Omaha or something?
Yea this is my first time in Omaha and the 3 main bars are fun but everything else is kinda a snooze fest

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Bummer. There was a nice ramen/sushi restaurant open last night. Had to access from the street side or go through the door in the SW corner of the pavilion.

fnclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2010
Yea this is my first time in Omaha and the 3 main bars are fun but everything else is kinda a snooze fest
Omaha has the most bars per capita in the country for a metro area. Explore a little bit.

Edit: Walk to the Old Market

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think that was still open but the pizza and burger place were closed.

The owner of Beer Can Alley ordered 8 pizzas for those of us still at Annie’s late last night. Including the fake “Cyclone Larry!”

Reactions: NWICY

Help Support Us

Become a patron