*** Official South Dakota State vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Is it just me or did Omaha look kinda nervous out there? Could have had a dunk and 2 or 3 rebounds but couldn't get a handle on the ball when he had opportunities.

Omaha always looks nervous out there. I swear that's half his problem. I understand why he doesn't play, but he just plays nervous.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
For what it's worth, Ward and Lipsey tend to limp around the court on a consistent basis. I learned not to read too much into it. Hope for the best, and they were both on the bench (and not the training room) at the end.

He eventually had horrible injuries but d rose was constantly throwing his body all over the place getting dinged up and looked permanently sore.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Is it just me or did Omaha look kinda nervous out there? Could have had a dunk and 2 or 3 offensive rebounds but couldn't get a handle on the ball when he had opportunities.
He was wired higher than a kite. If he could just calm down and let the game to him, he could really be something. Hopefully, he'll get there eventually.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Great second half. Gilbert is going to be harder and harder to take off the floor the deeper we get. Awesome to see Milan get back to form! Now just have to hope Lipsey and Ward aren’t too dinged up
Gilbert looked like he was not f'ing around tonight. Had a serious look on his face the entire game. I love it.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Stop shouting please.
I understand this response. But I have been an ISU fan for nearly 50 years (I am old), and have seen too many "what ifs" because of ISU injuries. I DON'T want another Georges Niang situation & that is why I was so upset. Injuries happen randomly - but I don't want an injury to happen because there's NO NEED for a player to be in the game. It's why I wouldn't have felt sorry for Greiner from Baylor had she gone down with an injury when Mulkey was still playing her - up 30pts - at the end of their games.
This team is special & this coaching staff is special - I want ISU to be at full strength in every game they play in this tourney. It's the reason for my response.

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
When they were in that commercial break before Pav's 3pt shot, I told my wife: "They can at least rest Lipsey and Ward for the rest of the game." NOPE - I love TJ, but I was absolutely pi$$ed that you'd risk an injury to a guy who has been injury prone since he has been at ISU! I don't care if nothing had happened to Ward. That is a monumentally TERRIBLE decision!! If Ward's play is diminished in the slightest going forward, that will prove to be the worst decision this coaching staff has made in their 3-year tenure!!
13321432-8A41-4DEA-9436-BEECB78A23DA.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron