2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
So is that thing about echimendia and Bastida real? Expecting to hear anything come of it?

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Yeah I'd take a look at him, he was ranked the overall #13 recruit in the nation, and could fill a need weight for us 197.
We are only interested in high AA probability type of wrestlers as we have tons of younger options that could easy be top 20 type of guys…Villaescusa, Schon, Hagerty, Helgeson and Bartelt all fit that mold. I know Rogers was highly rated but if MI thought he had high AA potential as a RS-FR they wouldn’t be recruiting a 197-pounder in the portal.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
We are only interested in high AA probability type of wrestlers as we have tons of younger options that could easy be top 20 type of guys…Villaescusa, Schon, Hagerty, Helgeson and Bartelt all fit that mold. I know Rogers was highly rated but if MI thought he had high AA potential as a RS-FR they wouldn’t be recruiting a 197-pounder in the portal.
Not sure this is 100 percent true. We added Grice last year, Nobody expected an AA out of him (or to get beat out by a non redding AA). If they have a few years to go Dresser likes to have a tough room.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I don’t think that any of the guys you listed are “easy” top 20 guys. Bartelt likely is but hasn’t stepped on a college mat.

Reactions: TheJackWePack5