2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Michigan has a history of being dirty and trying to poach wrestlers. Wouldn’t be shocked if that was the Big 10 school going after Ech and Yonger.
Gonna be honest Dresser has been a bit of an ass to Younger over the past year. If he leaves I'd point to that. Plus he was very close to Carr.

• Sad
Reactions: 2020cy

Bucklara

Jan 14, 2016
Please Dresser report them.
Gonna be honest Dresser has been a bit of an ass to Younger over the past year. If he leaves I'd point to that. Plus he was very close to Carr.
No firsthand knowledge but the comments KD makes in interviews may be to motivate Yonger. KD has said that Yonger works better when challenged. Its on the staff to do/say what they think is best.

IMO, fading loyalty wouldn’t be a shocker. These wrestlers are lucky enough to have eligibility during NIL, which seems to be the Wild West. If a kid gets 2-3X the money elsewhere, would anyone really blame them for leaving?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
No firsthand knowledge but the comments KD makes in interviews may be to motivate Yonger. KD has said that Yonger works better when challenged. Its on the staff to do/say what they think is best.

IMO, fading loyalty wouldn’t be a shocker. These wrestlers are lucky enough to have eligibility during NIL, which seems to be the Wild West. If a kid gets 2-3X the money elsewhere, would anyone really blame them for leaving?
Last year the comments were post season. Seemed unnecessary.

cywr89

May 14, 2009

Yes. Because if all you are doing is chasing the almighty dollar then you will never be happy. AE only had one path to get back on a college mat and that was ISU. You really think he will leave now for greener pastures…he saw how that ended the last time. You obviously wasn’t at last Friday’s social.

Bucklara

Jan 14, 2016
Yes. Because if all you are doing is chasing the almighty dollar then you will never be happy. AE only had one path to get back on a college mat and that was ISU. You really think he will leave now for greener pastures…he saw how that ended the last time. You obviously wasn’t at last Friday’s social.
You’re right, I wasn’t at the social. Regret skipping because I’ve heard/read that Cody had some great comments. I expected what I said to be unpopular but we are talking about potentially life-changing money for some kids and that can’t be overlooked. That’s all I’m saying. AE situation is unique but under normal transfer circumstances, money def talks.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
You’re right, I wasn’t at the social. Regret skipping because I’ve heard/read that Cody had some great comments. I expected what I said to be unpopular but we are talking about potentially life-changing money for some kids and that can’t be overlooked. That’s all I’m saying. AE situation is unique but under normal transfer circumstances, money def talks.
I should have been more clear. At the social AE basically had the whole place crying with his speech. He knows the OSU situation could have ended much worse/different for him if ISU didn’t take him in.

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Dresser doesn’t seem like the type of guy that would take poaching our wrestlers lying down. Hope he blows them up