2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Just a quick public safety announcement, please stand clear of the iowa wbb bandwagon, would hate to see anyone trampled by the stampede of pretend iowa bb fans trying to get off right now.

See you all at free pizza night at carver next year!

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
No I just thought your comment about Staley was dumb.
Was my comment untrue? They have gotten five 5-star recruits just on the last 2 classes. I don't know anything about women's but for comparisons ISU men have literally gotten 2 five stars in their existence, Fizer and Bielew.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Just a quick public safety announcement, please stand clear of the iowa wbb bandwagon, would hate to see anyone trampled by the stampede of pretend iowa bb fans trying to get off right now.

Where they going though? To the men's team? :jimlad:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Much has been written about the Clark effect for women’s basketball. I think the evidence is she doesn’t have many coattails. Example, the Nebraska game: tickets for the game in Lincoln sold for $200. The next game, those seats sold for $5.

I think some of the insanity was basically just it being the 'cool' thing to do. Like I don't think that all of the people that have lost their god damned minds over Clark the last two years really even care about the basketball. It is an event and it is fun to be part of the mania. It's like Travis Kelse and Taylor Swift. I don't care about Travis Kelse and I'm not a Swiftie, but I am ALL IN on that relationship. It's fun for me to follow. I think there is a not insignificant number of bandwagon WBB fans that really don't care about Clark or WBB but have just had fun following the whole thing. Good for them, but I think it will be a while before someone captures that much attention.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu and RezClone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Wiyuvvs.gif

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Thank God it's over! All that's left for the dumfuk who rings up my morning coffee in the morning is how good the ratings were.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Was my comment untrue? They have gotten five 5-star recruits just on the last 2 classes. I don't know anything about women's but for comparisons ISU men have literally gotten 2 five stars in their existence, Fizer and Bielew.

You forgot Chiriaev, tool bag. :jimlad:

Not surprised since you are no ISU fan.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Iowa winning a NC would not have been a good thing for Iowa State WBB. Completely silly to expect ISU fans to cheer for IA just because they have a great player.
Yep don't understand why any ISU fan would want Iowa winning a championship. It makes it that much harder for our programs. I want Iowa to lose in everything

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Clark in each of the championship games scored 30 points.
Her combined shooting was 19-50, 38%. She had 13 assists and 10 turnovers.
Iowa allowed 61 points in the second quarter for the two games. They lost both championship games in the second quarter.