Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
When can he sign though? Nowadays nothing is for sure until they sign.
I checked back a year ago. An article dated April 19 on Cyclones.com reported Coach TJ announcing three transfers to ISU: Gilbert, Jones and Pavs. So I don't think he could "announce" them as transfers if they hadn't signed. So, one would think maybe in the next week or two our new transfers can sign and be announced as ISU players?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
That is a LARGE human!! Well suited to our physical style and the physicality of the Big XII. Also, good for Rock to go up against all summer and in practice.
I think he's actually slouching a bit.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Tell me where Omaha was ranked and if you considered him a big time commit. I’ll trust the coaches over a recruiting websites ranking

Well who recruited Omaha to ISU............Steve Prohm?

No....you trusted the current coaches with getting Omaha just as you do now with any other recruit they get. So for you too think that website rankings mean nothing holds no more weight than you saying "I'll trust the coaches". Because as you can see.......per your example.......coaches can miss just as bad as website rankings.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
That is a LARGE human!! Well suited to our physical style and the physicality of the Big XII. Also, good for Rock to go up against all summer and in practice.
And he can hit a shot from the wing.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

No....you trusted the current coaches with getting Omaha just as you do now with any other recruit they get. So for you too think that website rankings mean nothing holds no more weight than you saying "I'll trust the coaches". Because as you can see.......per your example.......coaches can miss just as bad as website rankings.
Nobody missed on Omaha.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011

Again...nobody can say they "missed" on Omaha...He may develope later, he may find a great fit somewhere else...he will only be in his 2nd year. Players are less patient now to develop at the same school and not find playing time. The system is what it is and TJ has navigated it as well as you could possibly navigate it at Iowa State. Best of luck to Omaha.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013

I'm going to bet they said, "he's a 5*, he has potential, he grew up wanting to be an ISU player, he lives 32 miles as the crow flies from Hilton, let's see what we can do. This is our well suited flier for the year." Not, "this is the next coming of Jordan", like some of the folks here thought. Just because they took him, doesn't mean they didn't know he was a BIG project.

AND if they really thought he WOULD contribute, then they WERE trucked along with all the other "experts".

I'll stand by my statement that the coaches know better what they are looking for and what will fit our system best. AND their 1-10 rankings mean 10,000 times more than someone making up some click list.

Reactions: Cyclone Pfan