Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
lright, it's that time of the year folks! For the 4th year running we have the Iowa State transfer tracking thread. This always gets wild so this will be a bit of a master copy of all the rumored or known Otzelberger and staff interests. First for some necessary info to handle:

Roster, as provided by our own CW:

Scholarship Chart

Players leaving or potentially leaving the team. Bold indicates Covid available to be taken
Robert Jones - Graduation
Tre King - Graduation
Hason Ward - Graduation
Jackson Paveletzke - Transfer
Kayden Fish - Transfer
Jelani Hamilton - Transfer
Omaha Biliew - Transfer

Announced COVID year returners:
Curtis Jones - March 16th

Current open roster spots - 4

Incoming Recruits:

Nojus Indrusaitis - 6'5 SG, Evergreen Park, IL

Dwayne Pierce - 6'5 SF, Middle Village, NY

Incoming Transfers:

Dishon Jackson, C, Charlotte(SO) - Contacted

Nate Heise, G, Northern Iowa

Known Cyclone Interest:

Jason Torres Rivera, G, Vanderbilt(FR) - Contacted

Keyshawn Hall, G, George Mason(SO) - Contacted

William Kyle III, F, South Dakota State - Contacted

J'Vonne Hadley, G, Colorado - Contacted

Pharell Payne, F, Minnesota - Contacted

Eric Dailey Jr, F, Oklahoma State - Contacted

Joshua Jefferson, G, St Mary's - Contacted

Last edited:

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Any chances we are being looked at by the Okie state center, 6'11" 4* McD AA? He seems to have his landing sport figured out based on how he submitted to portal, but would be a nice piece to add given what we graduate

Reactions: Cyclone06

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Any chances we are being looked at by the Okie state center, 6'11" 4* McD AA? He seems to have his landing sport figured out based on how he submitted to portal, but would be a nice piece to add given what we graduate
$$$$$$

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
This thread now exists because........ we have made our first contact of the season

24% 3pt shooter while taking 3.0 attempts per game. That's right around the same number of attempts as Tamin and Keshon. Over twice as many as Tre, and Tre had a better percentage.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
A guard target confuses me. We have 3 wonderful guards, at minimum. Who would want to transfer into that?
I guess he's a wing so...never mind. Still want to see how our bigs transfer options look like. We are close to being a great team again.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
24% 3pt shooter while taking 3.0 attempts per game. That's right around the same number of attempts as Tamin and Keshon. Over twice as many as Tre, and Tre had a better percentage.

Rivera Torres seems like an odd one. Not sure why we would want someone like this since we are so guard heavy next year. Not that I don't trust the coaches. Just seems odd.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
As a Staff you also have to prepare for contingencies as well. If a couple guys transfer then you may need to bring in a guard so reach out now if you like a player even if you don't actually end up pursuing them

Reactions: rosshm16

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
A guard target confuses me. We have 3 wonderful guards, at minimum. Who would want to transfer into that?
I guess he's a wing so...never mind. Still want to see how our bigs transfer options look like. We are close to being a great team again.
Barring some bad news I'd guess TJ looks at him as a kid to get in the system that will pay dividends down the road.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Rivera Torres seems like an odd one. Not sure why we would want someone like this since we are so guard heavy next year. Not that I don't trust the coaches. Just seems odd.
His list of teams has some outliers on it.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Barring some bad news I'd guess TJ looks at him as a kid to get in the system that will pay dividends down the road.
His defensive metrics are very good. Shoots FTs well and has positional size. I guess it's just do you trust that his shot will catch up....Could be a very nice player if it does. But I'd venture to guess this is one we're getting our name out there just to get our name out there.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Could be the staff has a plan 1A or 1B or 1A & 1B:

1A - Target a portal post to fill minutes played by: King, Ward and Jones.

1B - Take the best available player. Could be the staff is comfortable with Momcilovic, Biliew, Watson, Fish & Rock playing around 80mpg. So target a guard/wing to compliment Lipsey, Gilbert and Curtis Jones. Always good to not rely on true freshman for big minutes.

1A&1B - Could be the staff knows we are going to lose more than the 3 seniors, so we are looking to sign multiple portal players.

Reactions: rosshm16

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Losing Tre, Rob, and Hason and bringing in 2 guards in our highschool class. With only 1 roster spot currently open and a bit of dearth in front court experience I have a feeling we may see a transfer or two out (not a crazy prediction given our current times).

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Losing Tre, Rob, and Hason and bringing in 2 guards in our highschool class. With only 1 roster spot currently open and a bit of dearth in front court experience I have a feeling we may see a transfer or two out (not a crazy prediction given our current times).
It is unfathomable that we'd sign a guard unless we had a departure. Probably need two.

Basically
Add a center with open scholarship
Add a Forward Lose a forward
Lose a guard add a guard

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Just collecting my thoughts here on next year’s roster as it stands (and probability or transfering or otherwise leaving)

Guards
  1. Lipsey (extremely unlikely)
  2. Gilbert (extremely unlikely)
  3. Jones (doubtful)
  4. Paveletzke (probably)
  5. Indrusaitis (extremely unlikely)
Wings/Forwards
  1. Momcilovic (maybe)
  2. Watson (doubtful)
  3. Hamilton (doubtful)
  4. Pierce (extremely unlikely)
Posts/Bigs
  1. Biliew (maybe)
  2. Rock (extremely unlikely)
  3. Fish (extremely unlikely)
Am I off on any of those transfer estimates?

If everyone stays, everyone who played a lot this year improves a bit, Omaha takes a big step forward, Rock can be a solid Big 12 center, and we got a post or a stretch-4 in the portal who can score a little, that’s a damn good team. Lots of ifs there though.

Posts are the obvious weakness as we all know. Don’t have anyone coming back who is a proven rotation player and solid contributer on offense or defense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron