Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Obviously never know how guys are going to work out. But if Rock was top 100 and he’s been able to spend this year with the team that has to be an incredible development opportunity compared to what he would have been doing in high school in South Dakota. For that reason, I’m optimistic. But counting on a freshman big to fill the roles our bigs did is a stretch.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Ok then we will use Alex Thompson who was rated 127. The fact is we don’t know how good anyone is based on their ranking. Hopefully Rock is the real deal

We knew he wasn't going to have much of a role when he came to Iowa State.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Just collecting my thoughts here on next year’s roster as it stands (and probability or transfering or otherwise leaving)

Guards
  1. Lipsey (extremely unlikely)
  2. Gilbert (extremely unlikely)
  3. Jones (doubtful)
  4. Paveletzke (probably)
  5. Indrusaitis (extremely unlikely)
Wings/Forwards
  1. Momcilovic (maybe)
  2. Watson (doubtful)
  3. Hamilton (doubtful)
  4. Pierce (extremely unlikely)
Posts/Bigs
  1. Biliew (maybe)
  2. Rock (extremely unlikely)
  3. Fish (extremely unlikely)
Am I off on any of those transfer estimates?…..
The only ‘maybe’ would be Pav because of minutes. Move Milan to ‘unlikely’ and Omaha to ‘doubtful’.

CY74

Oct 27, 2019
Obviously never know how guys are going to work out. But if Rock was top 100 and he’s been able to spend this year with the team that has to be an incredible development opportunity compared to what he would have been doing in high school in South Dakota. For that reason, I’m optimistic. But counting on a freshman big to fill the roles our bigs did is a stretch.

To add to this, Rock has been practicing/playing against our current 3 bigs. TJ likely knows exactly what he has in Rock and whether or not he will hold up against Big 12 competition.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Had a perfect setup going against a powerful big in Jones and an athletic monster in Ward

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Has anyone heard anything about JT since he got here? I haven’t seen one bit of info on how he’s looked.

cysmiley

Jun 30, 2012
Has anyone heard anything about JT since he got here? I haven’t seen one bit of info on how he’s looked.
It seems In all the games since January I've been to he is always out on the floor during warm ups, interacting with managers, and on the bench encouraging and congratulating players. IMHO, this seems to be a very positive sign for him next year.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I keep wanting to call him JT The Rock. That's all I know. That, and he better be really good because we've got a lot of bigs to replace and we will have one of the, if not THE best backcourt in America next year.