Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Ok then we will use Alex Thompson who was rated 127. The fact is we don’t know how good anyone is based on their ranking. Hopefully Rock is the real deal
Watch some tape on him dude. He's no Skogland. He's got a great base and moves extremely well for a 7'. I mean extremely well! He's quick and long. Fundamentally looks great on both ends of the court. If your going to compare him to players I'd say he looks like a taller Loren Meyer. Quit comparing him to Skogland, Aaron Agnew and those types of players. You are a mile off.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Awesome news, sooo he’s a soph ? That’s great. Is there even room for any more… or a need with all the talent we have waiting on the bench?
He's not a Soph, he played 2 years at Wazzu, then had a medical RS season, then 1 year at Charlotte. Since one of the years at Wazzu was the COVID year, I think he'll be a Senior next year with a possible COVID year after that

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
Awesome news, sooo he’s a soph ? That’s great. Is there even room for any more… or a need with all the talent we have waiting on the bench?
That's what I'm wondering too. Uneducated guess, maybe they hold off on taking anyone else until they do their exit interviews and learn who is moving on after they finish the season?

Reactions: Acer88

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
He's not a Soph, he played 2 years at Wazzu, then had a medical RS season, then 1 year at Charlotte. Since one of the years at Wazzu was the COVID year, I think he'll be a Senior next year with a possible COVID year after that

His bio on the 49ers website said he arrived there with 3 full years of eligibility, so I would assume he has 2 left to play with us now.

• Agree
Reactions: Letterkenny

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He's played 3 years one was 20-21 so he has two more.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
That's what I'm wondering too. Uneducated guess, maybe they hold off on taking anyone else until they do their exit interviews and learn who is moving on after they finish the season?
TJs plans aren't based on who plans to leave. He'll add what he thinks we need and the scholarships will work themselves out.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
How can you be a sophomore and have a COVID year? Seriously starting to wonder if those are ever going away ...

Reactions: rosshm16

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
How can you be a sophomore and have a COVID year? Seriously starting to wonder if those are ever going away ...
He's not a soph! I assume people are saying that because he has 2 years left to play - but that's different than being a Sophomore.

He was a freshman the covid year (20-21) and a soph (21-22) at Washington St. Then he sat out the 22-23 season as a medical RS. Then he played as a JR this year (23-24) at Charlotte.

He's got two years left to play - his Senior year and a COVID year, if he takes it

Clonz4ever

Oct 9, 2023
He's not a soph! I assume people are saying that because he has 2 years left to play - but that's different than being a Sophomore.

He was a freshman the covid year (20-21) and a soph (21-22) at Washington St. Then he sat out the 22-23 season as a medical RS. Then he played as a JR this year (23-24) at Charlotte.

He's got two years left to play - his Senior year and a COVID year, if he takes it
Potato patahto

Help Support Us

Become a patron