Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Hard pass.
I took a look at his stats - I remembered him being a much more prolific scorer and rebounder at TCU, but maybe that was just against us. To paraphrase Bill Simmons, you can get away with having one, um, character on a team, but I’m not sure Lampkin fits what we’re trying to do on either end of the floor.

• Winner
Reactions: Acylum

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I took a look at his stats - I remembered him being a much more prolific scorer and rebounder at TCU, but maybe that was just against us. To paraphrase Bill Simmons, you can get away with having one, um, character on a team, but I’m not sure Lampkin fits what we’re trying to do on either end of the floor.

I tuned in to a few Colorado games down the stretch and was amazed and what little role he had. I recalled him being a pretty solid player at TCU and he didn't do much of anything for Colorado in the games I watched.

Reactions: Letterkenny

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Yeah, but now everyone else can hand the bag to players too. I don’t love NIL, but it has, in ways, leveled the field a bit.
I've said it before, but it's not surprising to me that three years into everyone being able to pay their players above-water, suddenly there's more parity than ever seen before and the likes of KU, UK, UNC, and Duke are not so dominant anymore. Yes there's been some turnover of historically great coaches on two of those teams, and yes KU won the whole thing in the first year of NIL, but that was before ~every team had their NIL operation up and running smoothly.

The new thing that the blue bloods and "national brand" teams like UConn and Michigan State will cling to to keep their advantage will be this business of "you have to play a tough non-con schedule to be a top seed" (as they keep scheduling each other and keep getting matched up against each other in early-season tourneys for TV ratings while ISU faces the likes of DePaul), which has already started.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
We haven’t even started the tourney and it seems like every thread has people going after each other. :D

This place will be a war zone on Friday if we lose haha.
Love is Kind.

I think I Kind of Love you all.

Sometimes. :D

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
We haven’t even started the tourney and it seems like every thread has people going after each other. :D

This place will be a war zone on Friday if we lose haha.
If we could just channel this energy into peace and love, haha.

We could be back in the '60's. o_O:confused:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
We have a 2nd confirmed contact. 6'11" Center seems to fit a need.

Let's get this guy! :)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Has anyone heard anything about JT since he got here? I haven’t seen one bit of info on how he’s looked.
It seems In all the games since January I've been to he is always out on the floor during warm ups, interacting with managers, and on the bench encouraging and congratulating players. IMHO, this seems to be a very positive sign for him next year.
It's amazing that we have signed (have we? 'declared', a better word) Jackson, but I think JT is going to be an impactful player for us, sooner vs. later, to augment Jackson. Just a feeling. He may not get more than 5-8 minutes per game next year, if that, but...

JT is going to be part of the TJ culture. I remember a couple of things about him (among others) shortly after he declared with I-State. 1) His humility and servant attitude, and not being 'above' regular people. I remember him picking up trash in a visitors gym, after a game. Who does this? And 2) His intelligence. He came across well with the interviews that I watched.

JT is going to surprise some people, even in his (redshirt) Freshman year. JMO

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
It's amazing that we have signed (have we? 'declared', a better word) Jackson, but I think JT is going to be an impactful player for us, sooner vs. later, to augment Jackson. Just a feeling. He may not get more than 5-8 minutes per game next year, if that, but...

JT is going to be part of the TJ culture. I remember a couple of things about him (among others) shortly after he declared with I-State. 1) His humility and servant attitude, and not being 'above' regular people. I remember him picking up trash in a visitors gym, after a game. Who does this? And 2) His intelligence. He came across well with the interviews that I watched.

JT is going to surprise some people, even in his (redshirt) Freshman year. JMO
I expect him to get more minutes than 5-8.
My gut says Jackson starts but I expect the minutes yo split about 25/15. The way we play defense the bigs cannot play 30+ imho.

Reactions: t-noah