Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
How do you know. Scoglund was a good recruit when we got him. So was Ross Marsden, so we’re about 5 other recruits that were gonna be good. We all hope Rock is good but acting like he is a sure thing is a bit weird

There’s no way to know about any hs player ever. Not even McD AAs.

The only sure thing player is like Will Clyburn who had already lead the MWC in scoring. We all thought Gilbert and C Jones might be good this year, but we didn’t know. Look back at expectations and results for our best freshman recruiting class ever…nobody knows.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Cyclone Dave on Twitter (who is pretty reliable) is reporting that Jelani Hamilton is entering the portal.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's amazing that we have signed (have we? 'declared', a better word) Jackson, but I think JT is going to be an impactful player for us, sooner vs. later, to augment Jackson. Just a feeling. He may not get more than 5-8 minutes per game next year, if that, but...

JT is going to be part of the TJ culture. I remember a couple of things about him (among others) shortly after he declared with I-State. 1) His humility and servant attitude, and not being 'above' regular people. I remember him picking up trash in a visitors gym, after a game. Who does this? And 2) His intelligence. He came across well with the interviews that I watched.

JT is going to surprise some people, even in his (redshirt) Freshman year. JMO
Although JT is the exact opposite of TJ.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
It sucks losing guys we were excited to watch someday but such is the nature of college basketball now
Something I try to keep in mind is that literally every one of these guys thinks they are going pro. I had a friend who was a manager on the team in Larry's years and he said guys like Brandon Hawkins and Omar Bynum thought they were making the NBA.

I don't point this out to criticize anyone, it's just the mindset at this level. Hard to hold it against anyone when this is your one chance to realize your life's dream, create generational wealth for you and your family, etc. To do that you have to play/get minutes, and there's even more opportunities for that now with the current transfer rules.