Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I expect him to get more minutes than 5-8.
My gut says Jackson starts but I expect the minutes yo split about 25/15. The way we play defense the bigs cannot play 30+ imho.
Good point. And it will be interesting to see if another big is in our future for next year as well. An opening would have to develop.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Miller form Miller and Condon alluded that TJ was going to "loan or place" Omaha at Drake so he could get 30+ mpg playing in the Valley then bring him back the following season. Said that plan got crapped on when DeVries left for WVU.
100% true. He called Fran the day after Devries left. Deal is in the works.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Miller form Miller and Condon alluded that TJ was going to "loan or place" Omaha at Drake so he could get 30+ mpg playing in the Valley then bring him back the following season. Said that plan got crapped on when DeVries left for WVU.
I've heard some similar rumblings about Omaha entering the portal soon.

Honest question, would Drake have actually been ok with that? They aren't ISU's AAA team, I assume they have their own goals. It just seems weird they would accept him then send him on his way, I dont know how well thay would sit with Drakes players.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I've heard some similar rumblings about Omaha entering the portal soon.

Honest question, would Drake have actually been ok with that? They aren't ISU's AAA team, I assume they have their own goals. It just seems weird they would accept him then send him on his way, I dont know how well thay would sit with Drakes players.
I feel the same way but it’s uncanny how often Miller has inside dope on ISU. Not sure who his source is but it’s certainly not JP.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Interesting but Keyshawn Hall played for UNLV last year and was a teammate of Gilbert’s. They listed him as a 6’7’ 250lb guard. Would be an awesome pick up.
Seems like UNLV gets some crazy talents, but never does anything with them.

Reactions: JVAR

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Ngl this sounds like complete BS. Plus isn’t NCAA going back on making transfers free? I thought everyone only has 1 free transfer unless you are graduating. Pretty much Omaha would have to sit a year if he wanted to come back.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Kyle's good buddy Ben is sitting in Cedar Falls with 3 rides open...

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
If the "loan" rumblings have some traction, why not use Indian Hills as a one year testing grounds. That school has a tradition of success. Omaha could potentially light it up there and come right back to Iowa State the following year for more competitive development if needed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron