Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
My point is just that I think a lot hinges on if he’s able to be an important rotation player next year. Skogs wasn’t, that’s the comp, I’m not saying I think Rock will be a bust.

Thanks for making your point without cursing at/insulting me, some posters struggle with that.
Skogland wasn't a scholarship player either. He was a walk-on, if I remember correctly. He's not in any recruiting database that I can find. He certainly wasn't a four-star like Rock is. I think the comparison is apples and oranges.

Reactions: bozclone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
We have a 2nd confirmed contact. 6'11" Center seems to fit a need.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
We have a 2nd confirmed contact. 6'11" Center seems to fit a need.

His film looks good.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Skogland wasn't a scholarship player either. He was a walk-on, if I remember correctly. He's not in any recruiting database that I can find. He certainly wasn't a four-star like Rock is. I think the comparison is apples and oranges.
Not sure about Skogs being a walkon. His recruitment probably even precedes the existence of Rivals.

I remember watching him play in HS and he was viewed as a solid recruit for Iowa State, but definitely a project. Larry's recruiting was kind of spotty- he liked to reach on players from a development and mentality standpoint.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I don’t answer questions from rude people / assh*les like you, but I suspect you weren’t looking for an answer anyway and just wanted to get an iceburn in. Get f*cked.
Person who’s been here less than six months mouthing off to one who’s been here for almost thirteen…years.

Seems legit.

• Dumb
Reactions: rosshm16

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Skogland was not a walk on

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Ok then we will use Alex Thompson who was rated 127. The fact is we don’t know how good anyone is based on their ranking. Hopefully Rock is the real deal
I think I see the problem here. When people are saying that Rock was Top 100, you’re reading that as “he was 100”.

Before JT reclassified, his rankings were in the sixties and seventies for his class—and had he stayed in high school, easily could have gone higher. Maybe Top 50.

He was downgraded after reclassifying so late, and when compared to older kids. I think his highest reranking for the ‘23 class was 80. So, still nowhere near 125.

A better general comparison at the HS stage would probably be Loren Meyer. If you want to get picky about specific abilities, a cross between Meyer and the outside game of Brad Lohaus.

Hopefully without Loren’s tendency to wander when classes are canceled due to weather.

Hope that clarifies a bit.