Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Those 2 are not even in the same universe to be able to relate to each other.
I’m not saying he is, but it’s also within the realm of possibility that he’s not ready to play yet next year.

Jeez are you all Rock’s uncles or something?

• Dumb
Reactions: VeloClone

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I’m not saying he is, but it’s also within the realm of possibility that he’s not ready to play yet next year.

I get what you are trying to say but for Rock to turn out anything like Skogland he would have to appear with a prosthetic leg next year and even then I would still take JT.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006

Not playing meaningful minutes in what would normally be his true freshman year is a far cry from being another "Skoglund". I think you lost people with that comparison.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Why would that excuse your dimwitted response. We aren't adding 2 centers. Rock is going to play. Let me guess last fall you were concerned about Momcilovic's ability to play defense but it had nothing to do with skin color.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Not playing meaningful minutes in what would normally be his true freshman year is a far cry from being another "Skoglund". I think you lost people with that comparison.
My point is just that I think a lot hinges on if he’s able to be an important rotation player next year. Skogs wasn’t, that’s the comp, I’m not saying I think Rock will be a bust.

Thanks for making your point without cursing at/insulting me, some posters struggle with that.

Reactions: clonedude and 0u812

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My point is just that I think a lot hinges on if he’s able to be an important rotation player next year. Skogs wasn’t, that’s the comp, I’m not saying I think Rock will be a bust.

Thanks for making your point without cursing at/insulting me, some posters struggle with that.
I don't remember Skogs being a top 100 prospect.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
We haven’t even started the tourney and it seems like every thread has people going after each other. :D

This place will be a war zone on Friday if we lose haha.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
We haven’t even started the tourney and it seems like every thread has people going after each other. :D

This place will be a war zone on Friday if we lose haha.
I really try to avoid but worrying about Rock being ready next year is ******* ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
As a Staff you also have to prepare for contingencies as well. If a couple guys transfer then you may need to bring in a guard so reach out now if you like a player even if you don't actually end up pursuing them
This. Who’s to say someone doesn’t offer Gilbert $1M? Or Cujo $100k and a guaranteed starting spot? You never know and it’s best to be prepared for anything.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
How do you know. Scoglund was a good recruit when we got him. So was Ross Marsden, so we’re about 5 other recruits that were gonna be good. We all hope Rock is good but acting like he is a sure thing is a bit weird
Skoglund and Marsden were not highly rated recruits. They were players the staffs at the time took a chance on because they were 7 foot or in Marsdens case, 6’10. They weren’t some highly sought after kids. Rock is a top 100 recruit who was sought after by a lot of high major schools. He is not even remotely comparable to those other two. He is definitely not a sure thing, but he is not the same type of recruit of Skoglund or Marsden.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
How do you know. Scoglund was a good recruit when we got him. So was Ross Marsden, so we’re about 5 other recruits that were gonna be good. We all hope Rock is good but acting like he is a sure thing is a bit weird

Marsden was a 200-250 ranked recruit. Rock was in the top 100 even after reclassifying. JT might not pan out, but he and Marsden were not similar recruits.

Bringing up Marsden reminds me how those Ames teams massively underachieved. Start 3 D1 forwards/centers with a D1 quarterback running point. I can't remember who their 5th starter was.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Marsden was a 200-250 ranked recruit. Rock was in the top 100 even after reclassifying. JT might not pan out, but he and Marsden were not similar recruits.

Bringing up Marsden reminds me how those Ames teams massively underachieved. Start 3 D1 forwards/centers with a D1 quarterback running point. I can't remember who their 5th starter was.

Ok then we will use Alex Thompson who was rated 127. The fact is we don’t know how good anyone is based on their ranking. Hopefully Rock is the real deal