Useful products thread

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
Single use kitchen utensils do not belong in the kitchen. Garlic press, pizza cutters, this abomination etc

I agreed with your point until an apple slicer changed my life.

I can’t believe I went so long biting off chunks from a whole apple like a heathen. Now I only eat apples as perfectly uniform slices while sitting on my throne.

1715349664990.gif

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
We still have ours. 2015 can shut his dirty mouth, should he intend to use it to diss my Great Plains pizza cutter.
giphy.gif

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You have NEVER sharpened a knife? Your knives are dull beyond belief and you should know dull knives are more dangerous than super sharp ones. Not even remotely trolling on that.
As long as you aren't one of those "cool people" that think you need to sharpen it on a sharpening rod right before using it without then cleaning it. People don't realize the micro pieces of metal sharpening often creates and will go straight from using an electric sharpener to cutting meat without first cleaning the shavings.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
As long as you aren't one of those "cool people" that think you need to sharpen it on a sharpening rod right before using it without then cleaning it. People don't realize the micro pieces of metal sharpening often creates and will go straight from using an electric sharpener to cutting meat without first cleaning the shavings.
I think honing steels are excessive in a home environment. Electric sharpeners abuse the crap out of knives. So don't use either.

Reactions: Jer

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
View attachment 128976
I better not see INDIVIDUAL spoons and forks in you unitask haters kitchens when this MULTITASK tool exists.
Had something very similar to that spork growing up in the all metal version. It was a bit narrower and we used it for eating out of a grapefruit half. recently, I made one similar to that from an old spoon and used it to pluck the pits out of our semi free stone peaches when canning

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
This thing is about the best $10 I've spent in awhile. It sticks on my fridge until I need it to break down the millions of boxes we have to recycle.
View attachment 128973
I freaking love all their different sizes and styles, used them for years.

I have to add lotion sticks to the list. I can't stand getting lotion on my hands but have horrible skin due to all my meds. Works wonders to apply without the mess. There is also a great shea butter tattoo stick lotion that is awesome. And no, the picture below is not to stick your penis in, it just look like it.

1715351830112.png

The other thing would be 3d printers. I had a $20K setup of printers, hundreds of materials of all kinds, and an entire workshop dedicated to them. Had to sell it off earlier this year since Parkinson's prevents me from a lot of fine motor skills with my fingers. But I could print so many useful things - candy dispensers, battery holders, toys, wood statues and boxes that I could stain, etc.

1715352239458.jpeg

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
I think honing steels are excessive in a home environment. Electric sharpeners abuse the crap out of knives. So don't use either.
I am the designated knife sharpener in my family. Wet stone followed with a steel, then wash clean. 2015 your avatar has me wondering, do you wipe before you stand up or do you poop standing up and not wipe at all?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Growing up in the 90s and being a huge sports fan, I often wanted to watch a game when we weren't at home. I had a "Sony watchman" (well couple models over the years) that was a pocket sized color over the air TV. The really good one (shown below) was so cool because the neck lanyard was the antenna.

1715354683074.png

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am the designated knife sharpener in my family. Wet stone followed with a steel, then wash clean. 2015 your avatar has me wondering, do you wipe before you stand up or do you poop standing up and not wipe at all?
Easy, just don't poop

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Safer to let the 5 yr old use a pizza cutter than a knife. Honestly, not really safe then either. He's a danger to all even with a spoon.

For pie crust - like if I'm doing a lattice or something fancy, pizza cutter is nice and easy.
How is he with a fish knife?