“Frick” Santa Claus

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This is the most first world problems thread I've ever read on CF. So much consternation over friggin Santa Claus. Lol! We truly don't have enough things to worry about.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Name one kid who has been traumatized for life because he found out his parents lied about Santa, or the tooth fairy, or the Easter bunny. Most parents don't label a lot of gifts as coming from Santa anyway, not in my experience, so the harm you perceive happening to poor kids just doesn't wash.

Kate Beringer

3361F446-40C6-4827-8B0B-A4CD4E24344B.jpeg

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I dont get this "feeling of betrayal" when kids find out Santa isnt real. Its more like a coming of age thing. A step towards being "all grown up". I never felt a skoosh of unhappiness about it, and dont know anyone who did. My kids didnt. So maybe just relax.

Now, for those who think that Xmas and Santa and all of it is too big and out of control?? That i get. Our family keeps downsizing it, less presents, less deocration, etc. But we are also all getting older, so unless my kids have kids some day. But if you want to make Xmas a huge deal and you love it... please do and have fun!

Reactions: NWICY and 1UNI2ISU

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
So glad we never did elf on a shelf.

To me it's one of the dumbest....I see so many Facebook friends posting their "dread" of having to come up with antics....but post daily their antics of the elf....but that's probably more a reflection of social media behaviors of people.

Reactions: bos