♦ OFFICIAL: Iowa State vs. Minn. GAMEDAY Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
Reading some Minnesota message boards I really don't think their fans care about the game (I wonder if their players do?)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I've been following the Cyclones since I listened to Troy Davis dismantle UNLV over the radio back in 1995, when I was 10 years old. This day (winning in Lincoln) was probably the most emotional I've ever felt about a Cyclone victory in any sport during that period of time.

Me, too. That was just plain exhilirating. Outstanding. Awesome. Momentous. A game I'd been dreaming of for years, seen us get so close, but never over that hurdle. I'm so glad I got to see that game. And next year we can go for a 2 game win streak over Nebraska:yes:

But before that, let's crush us some Gophers!!!!!!!!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Me, too. That was just plain exhilirating. Outstanding. Awesome. Momentous. A game I'd been dreaming of for years, seen us get so close, but never over that hurdle. I'm so glad I got to see that game. And next year we can go for a 2 game win streak over Nebraska:yes:

But before that, let's crush us some Gophers!!!!!!!!

Amen. Almost wish I was watching the game up in Minny, but I'd probably be the only person in the bar that cared. It cracks me up how they act like this game is beneath them. How often to do they go to a better than average bowl? VERY rarely.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I've been following the Cyclones since I listened to Troy Davis dismantle UNLV over the radio back in 1995, when I was 10 years old. This day (winning in Lincoln) was probably the most emotional I've ever felt about a Cyclone victory in any sport during that period of time.

Agree. I suffered through severe hypertension throughout that whole game, especially the second half. My brother called me right as time expired, we both couldn't talk. We giggled like a bunch of school girls for about 30 seconds. Switched over to a buddy who was calling me, same thing! What a day!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Amen. Almost wish I was watching the game up in Minny, but I'd probably be the only person in the bar that cared. It cracks me up how they act like this game is beneath them. How often to do they go to a better than average bowl? VERY rarely.

Exactly. They don't make bowls that are beneath Minnesota.

Agree. I suffered through severe hypertension throughout that whole game, especially the second half. My brother called me right as time expired, we both couldn't talk. We giggled like a bunch of school girls for about 30 seconds. Switched over to a buddy who was calling me, same thing! What a day!

Funny thing is that I didn't doubt that game much all week long, or even during the 4th quarter. 1st three quarters, sure. Buy by the 4th, I just assumed we'd create another turnover. Even on their last attempt to drive, I just assumed that we'd pick it off. I turned to revkah and said, "It's just about time to get that interception (kind of kidding, but it was about their turnover pace), and lo and behold, there was Jesse Smith. Then the Victory formation in Lincoln. Then mass hysteria.:yes:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Another thing that excited me today: This is the first time I've been able to watch the Cyclones in a bowl game live from my own home. Had to watch the last Insight Bowl on videotape, didn't get to see all of the others, saw the Houston Bowl at Applebees in Lincoln.

This one from my own couch. Being there would be much better, but this is going to be awesome!

Cyclone_Grav

Jul 13, 2007
Des Moines
About one year ago I was lamenting over the hire of Paul rhoads as our football coach. For me, the wow factor then was basically zero. Today, all I can think is wow what a great coach we have an how fortunate we are to have someone who wants to be at I state and wants to win at I state. I couldn't be prouder of this team or happier with what they have accomplished this year. Tonight is the beginning of what I know will be an era of cyclone prominance. That said, lead our guys to victory CPR, we are all behind you! 24 - 17 Go Clones!

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
Another thing that excited me today: This is the first time I've been able to watch the Cyclones in a bowl game live from my own home. Had to watch the last Insight Bowl on videotape, didn't get to see all of the others, saw the Houston Bowl at Applebees in Lincoln.

This one from my own couch. Being there would be much better, but this is going to be awesome!

I'll be sure to cheer loud and proud to make up for your absence my man. I'm getting pumped!!!

S

st8

Power!!!!!!

you just did a chant with yourself and your profile pic is michael bolton.....

fail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron