10 wins -7 pts agaist ranked opponents.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Did you see that post game presser? Dude has such a huge ego and thinks everything is fine. He doesn't see any hits coming. He is smarter than the rest of the room in his mind.
Why would Kirk not have a huge ego. The dude did everything someone would do if they were attempting to cover up a sexual assault in their program in the Satterfield/Everson case, gave the finger wagging "how dare anyone insult my character" rant at a press conference, and every dimwit in the Iowa media fell in line and has been back on the "great man with a blind spot" narrative ever since.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Technically you can't get shocked peeing on an electric fence, according to a MythBusters episode way back. The stream isn't dense enough. Now, grabbing onto one while trying to take a pee does shock you (I know from experience).
Perhaps I should change my wording to "peeing into a brisk wind."

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Why would Kirk not have a huge ego. The dude did everything someone would do if they were attempting to cover up a sexual assault in their program in the Satterfield/Everson case, gave the finger wagging "how dare anyone insult my character" rant at a press conference, and every dimwit in the Iowa media fell in line and has been back on the "great man with a blind spot" narrative ever since.
Freerents has been running the show over at EIU for 10 to 15 years, he had Barta as an AD that was never going to cross him and do whatever he wanted. Playing in the Big Least West gave him a perfect opportunity to play exactly the type of football that can be successful playing teams that are average to below average every year and rack up the wins. Look at their nonconference schedule for the last 20 years. They never played a team that you could say was better than them, a few were equal, but most were horrible. When they went to the 9-conference schedule, they continue to blame ISU for the lack of playing anyone but horrible teams always at home, because they have to have 7 home games, forgetting the fact that they play in the richest conference in football.

If one of the reporters covering the team, pisses him off, that reporter soon loses access to the team, so they are kowtowed into asking only softball questions, many in the fan base as a whole are afraid that he will leave and they will return to the days of non-winning seasons, and the big donors love him because he has figured out get 8 wins and you get a Florida bowl game most years. Hell if the new AD had not stepped in, Freerents would be spreading the word this week that his boy needed another chance to "fix" the offense, playing the injuries, won 10 games and got to the championship cards. If Barta had been still in charge it would have been a shoo-in deal.

Iowa the Fake ID of College Football.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The Big 12 north was pretty bad when Mac was coaching. Still anyone that is thinking Iowa is anything more then a top 25 team is being fooled.
While not terribly deep the division did have Nebraska who finished in the top ten five times during the first half of McCarney's along with additional top 25 finishes. Colorado also had a couple of top 10 finishes.

Again a weak division but I don't think as weak as the big 10 west.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1 and Bob f

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
While not terribly deep the division did have Nebraska who finished in the top ten five times during the first half of McCarney's along with additional top 25 finishes. Colorado also had a couple of top 10 finishes.

Kansas State also had 5+ top 10 finishes during the Big 12 North era.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
The Go Iowa Awesome game thread is classic!! I think it was like page 7 when he threw the end zone pick. First six pages were about boasting. It got ugly after that.
Just started reading it and they can get pretty gritty when things don't go their way.

1704311733491.png

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Don’t forget him comparing racism to scrambled eggs.

• Creative
Reactions: 1776

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Technically you can't get shocked peeing on an electric fence, according to a MythBusters episode way back. The stream isn't dense enough. Now, grabbing onto one while trying to take a pee does shock you (I know from experience).
Did mythbusters have young kids do it or older adults? I got a small zap as a kid and young kids streams are like pressure washers at time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Freerents has been running the show over at EIU for 10 to 15 years, he had Barta as an AD that was never going to cross him and do whatever he wanted. Playing in the Big Least West gave him a perfect opportunity to play exactly the type of football that can be successful playing teams that are average to below average every year and rack up the wins. Look at their nonconference schedule for the last 20 years. They never played a team that you could say was better than them, a few were equal, but most were horrible. When they went to the 9-conference schedule, they continue to blame ISU for the lack of playing anyone but horrible teams always at home, because they have to have 7 home games, forgetting the fact that they play in the richest conference in football.

If one of the reporters covering the team, pisses him off, that reporter soon loses access to the team, so they are kowtowed into asking only softball questions, many in the fan base as a whole are afraid that he will leave and they will return to the days of non-winning seasons, and the big donors love him because he has figured out get 8 wins and you get a Florida bowl game most years. Hell if the new AD had not stepped in, Freerents would be spreading the word this week that his boy needed another chance to "fix" the offense, playing the injuries, won 10 games and got to the championship cards. If Barta had been still in charge it would have been a shoo-in deal.

Iowa the Fake ID of College Football.
Bowlsby wasn’t that great as a commish and I’m guessing that was his style as an AD. Was he AD when the Pierre pierce stuff went down?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

At the beginning of the Big 12 the North was significantly better than the south. OU wasn’t very good. Texas was mediocre. A&M was good. Tech was OK. OSU sucked and BU was horrid.

Nebraska was the best program in the country for the first few years. KSU was really good. CU was only 4 years removed from a national title. KU under Mason was pretty good. ISU and Mizzou weren’t good.

But there were 2-3 years in the 00s where the.North was BAD. Those were the years ISU choked the division away.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Probably true. Nebraska has been pretty bad for so long. It's hard to remember a time when they were dominant.