#12 Kansas @ #21 Baylor

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Big win for Kansas. It will be tough for ISU to keep pace and win at Baylor. Man, KU looks likely to be 3 - 0 in conference coming into Hilton in a week-and-a-half. Makes me mad. Hope we can trounce them. If they somehow win in Hilton, I think they're likely in the driver's seat once again and would likely be 4 - 0.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
If our offense ever reappears, we could do some damage in this conference.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Kstate crowd is absolutely horrible. Tcu may be able to beat their home crowd. Kstate fans that disappointed in this team?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
If Kansas wins conference outright, I'm gonna start thinking the Big 12 isn't as hot as everyone thinks it is. This is Bill Selfs worst team at KU.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
If Kansas wins conference outright, I'm gonna start thinking the Big 12 isn't as hot as everyone thinks it is. This is Bill Selfs worst team at KU.

How do conference games lower your opinion of a conference? That makes no sense.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha

I wish I didn't agree with you about this KU team but I do. Perry Ellis seems to only be good against smaller guys. Totally disappears against anyone of any size. Woof, he was terrible tonight. Even funnier (as in gotta laugh to keep from crying) for KU:

Four McDonald's All Americans (Oubre, Alexander, Selden, Ellis): 20 points on 9-27 fg and 11 boards
Three NON McDonald's All Americans (Mason, Traylor, Greene): 36 points on 15-23 fg and 11 boards

Bizarro. Well, it's not often that you win a game on the road where your opponent shoots 8-15 from three, gets to the line more than twice as much as you, only gets called for 4 fouls in the first 19 minutes of the second half and outrebounds you by ten. All those tough, tight non-con games are paying off for KU. They executed perfectly in the last minute while BAylor does what they inevitably do. I love Scott Drew!

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Big XII couldn't have started better for KU. Win on the road. Texas gets embarrassed at home. ISU slumping at a bad time. OU and WV trending up, but I doubt they are serious threats to stop #11 from happening.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That Baylor zone seems much more active than in past years. KU seemed to find the formula by getting the ball in the middle of it for a short time, but then lost it again. Hopefully Naz, Matt, Monte and even Dustin can make them pay by exploiting the soft baseline corners for three.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That Baylor zone seems much more active than in past years. KU seemed to find the formula by getting the ball in the middle of it for a short time, but then lost it again. Hopefully Naz, Matt, Monte and even Dustin can make them pay by exploiting the soft baseline corners for three.

The Baylor zone worked really well against ISU in the B12 championship game last year. I knew we'd break thru at some point but I was impressed.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Ku isn't winning the conf this year. Their luck can ony go so far and yes luck. Last night Baylor completely blew it. Like I've said for three weeks now...Shut down Seldon and Ellis and u beat ku this year. Alexander isn't a threat and Oubre can't guard me. Seldon has won how many games for ku this year with his shooting? A ton. I have a feeling Mckay and Edozie cover Ellis all night and Niang guards Alexander.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Ku isn't winning the conf this year. Their luck can ony go so far and yes luck. Last night Baylor completely blew it. Like I've said for three weeks now...Shut down Seldon and Ellis and u beat ku this year. Alexander isn't a threat and Oubre can't guard me. Seldon has won how many games for ku this year with his shooting? A ton. I have a feeling Mckay and Edozie cover Ellis all night and Niang guards Alexander.
I don't think KU will win it this year either but Oubre is a good defender who is looking better every week. His defense with his 7+ wingspan was a big reason they won the game at the end. KU just doesn't have a post defender. The sooner the younger players take the minutes away from Ellis the better. Right now I think OU looks like the best team but with KU winning at Baylor and Texas going down at home KU has more of a shot than I thought they would. There's some really good teams in this conference but very few teams with NBA players on their roster and because of that this race is wide open.

Last edited: