$190,000 approved by Student Gov for concert in the spring

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
Shot in the dark but the top one looks similar to maybe Fetty Wap or Waka? Middle right, Chance the Rapper or Desiigner? I would think these are outside of that budget though. No clue on the other two.
Waka has already come once and the concert got shut down. I doubt they'd try that again.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
I think desiigner is spot on for the yellow one. I'm thinking 2chainz or quavo for the top main one.

• Agree
Reactions: baagoe

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I think desiigner is spot on for the yellow one. I'm thinking 2chainz or quavo for the top main one.
I think the yellow is Desiigner, idk how I feel about him performing live.
The main one is probably 2chainz, which would be cool.
Have no idea about the other two

• Agree
Reactions: baagoe

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My favorite school sponsored entertainment while at ISU was Chapelle at the rec center a couple years before he exploded into household name. Ton Loc was at the same event that was surprisingly awesome...unless I'm mashing two years together. I know both were at the Rec and much better than anything at Hilton or Stephens during my years at ISU.

Point is the unknown or has-been acts are often as good or better than a "name".

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My favorite school sponsored entertainment while at ISU was Chapelle at the rec center a couple years before he exploded into household name. Ton Loc was at the same event that was surprisingly awesome...unless I'm mashing two years together. I know both were at the Rec and much better than anything at Hilton or Stephens during my years at ISU.

I remember watching Chapelle in the Rec as well. He was hilarious.

Wasn't Barenaked Ladies there sometime around then as well.

I know Black Eyed Peas were there during my time, but that was before Fergie was part of the group I believe.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I remember watching Chapelle in the Rec as well. He was hilarious.

Wasn't Barenaked Ladies there sometime around then as well.

I know Black Eyed Peas were there during my time, but that was before Fergie was part of the group I believe.

I was already a Chapelle fan but had no idea he'd get that big. I saw him here on New Year's Eve and it was great. I told the people sitting next to me the last time I saw him at a show it was free admission...they just smirked like I was lying.

College students in Iowa were OUTRAGED they had the Black Eyed Peas...about two years before every frat guy/sorority girl in the midwest would be constantly playing Black Eyed Peas.

I wasn't familiar with them but was shocked at how upset students were that we had Black Eyed Peas before they were big.

I vaguely remember Bare Naked Ladies, they were big around that same time though.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Veisheariotmeter.jpg

But dos late 90s early 00s fashions.

Strappy sandals with socks on a guy...OH YEAH!

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I don’t know how likely it’d be but the first person that came to mind when I saw the red was Young Thug.