$190,000 approved by Student Gov for concert in the spring

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Purple I keep thinking Mac Miller but the silhouette is too fat. I thought maybe Luke Combs for some country in there but I can't find a single picture of him in a flat bill hat. Looked at DJ Mustard but the chin is too pronounced.

I'm running out of ideas

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Purple I keep thinking Mac Miller but the silhouette is too fat. I thought maybe Luke Combs for some country in there but I can't find a single picture of him in a flat bill hat. Looked at DJ Mustard but the chin is too pronounced.

I'm running out of ideas

What's the point? There's really no saving this line up. What a flop on the Student Union Boards part.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
But I thought our children were not getting an education at college because of ____ funding crisis? K-12 too.....no money at all because of mean people. Those poor kids are barefoot and the boy at the veishia=o=meter can't even afford a shirt and probably can't write or read or tell you what century the American Revolution was in. That is the narrative I get from the journalists. I propose this $190,000 be put toward some vague and amorphous program that helps the children read. Anyone opposed is a Xenophobic Hater.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Y’all haters clearly haven’t had Fetty Wap Rap Snacks. I legit keep a bag at my desk:

Attachments

• BD8D489F-5948-4057-B40D-7919178EF1D4.jpeg
    BD8D489F-5948-4057-B40D-7919178EF1D4.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 17

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Well now I dont know what to think about you.

Disclaimer - Janny got me Rap Snacks in Memphis because he thought I would get a kick out of them. I did.

I think what is hard is trying to put on a concert with acts that somehow represent an increasingly diverse audience with widely varying tastes. SUB has been doing great at bringing in comedians and indie acts this year. I am sure they were trying to get several names they thought people would recognize.

I think one big act likely would have been a better alternative- but again presumes taste of the audience.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Disclaimer - Janny got me Rap Snacks in Memphis because he thought I would get a kick out of them. I did.

I think what is hard is trying to put on a concert with acts that somehow represent an increasingly diverse audience with widely varying tastes. SUB has been doing great at bringing in comedians and indie acts this year. I am sure they were trying to get several names they thought people would recognize.

I think one big act likely would have been a better alternative- but again presumes taste of the audience.

Don't blame Janny for your bad and or questionable decisions.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I've seen the Purple before, I just can't for the life of me think of who it is. I keep going back to Bon Iver (I know it isn't) but something along the lines of that genere/style.