2 Interesting FB tidbits

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
1. New uniforms are exactly like USC's (not sure if that was posted on CF.com or not)
2. The off season workouts are already a *****.

great source, take that to the bank.

- keep.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
I think we will see ALOT of improvement this year. They guys know what to expect and how hard its going to be

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Are they EXACTLY like USC's or did they keep the gold double-stripes on the shoulders? That's what looked to be the biggest difference between USC's unis and ours. I like them anyway and think they're a pretty big upgrade from the ones we had this past season and the ones from the McCarney era.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
One of my sources told me that Chizik told the players after the KU game to get ready for the second phase of cuts. I know he didn't invite a few players to spring ball before last season. It sounds like there will be more of the same this season. Chizik told the players that expectations are going up and if you don't fit in, you're going to be out.

Jul 25, 2007
I'm a nomad.
As long as we don't use the exact same helmets as USC, I'm okay with the uni change. I think Chizik needs to make a new rule for the team. If you can't squat thrust 500lbs by January 31, then you are off the team. Get tough Gene, and reach for the stars!

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
As long as we don't use the exact same helmets as USC, I'm okay with the uni change. I think Chizik needs to make a new rule for the team. If you can't squat thrust 500lbs by January 31, then you are off the team. Get tough Gene, and reach for the stars!

I'm not sure what a squat thrust is but me and the mrs might have to give it a try tonight... I don't see how that will make the team better though.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
I think copying USCs uniforms is Bush League. We could at least have the capacity to come up with our own.

If they keep the double stripe on the shoulder, I think its more of a return to our 70's uni than a copy of USC.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
At least just tell them they just got back from the gym, doing some deep squat thrusts.

I'm a sex addict, its my cross to bear.

CyRocket

Jan 31, 2007
You're exactly right, The uniforms are the same except for color and striping.:wink: The last time I looked we are not a pro team so it is highly unlikely that you are going to make "cuts". These young men are on scholarship. You just don't tell someone to go home. You would ruin any chance at recruiting in the future.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Because apparently we've all forgotten what the new unis are going to look like:

ViewPhoto.dbml

It's not a copy off of USC - it's a return to the 1970's look - a look that we had when Mac Brown was an asst. coach here and a look that Chizik was impressed with. In fact, a look that I'd say 90% of us were impressed with when they made the final reveal.

Last edited:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

"Who's got time for squat thrusts?"

Name the reference...

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
they will not be exactly the same, they have the two gold stripes instead of one solid. also the colors are suppose to be what are similar, because those are our school colors. and our pants will not be flat gold, they will be the gold of our throwback unis.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Because apparently we've all forgotten what the new unis are going to look like:

ViewPhoto.dbml

It's not a copy off of USC - it's a return to the 1970's look - a look that we had when Mac Brown was an asst. coach here and a look that Chizik was impressed with. In fact, a look that I'd say 90% of us were impressed with when they made the final reveal.

Hum. I don't know if I like the red X look. :wink:

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
22: Thanks for posting - those look awesome. I'm from the Earl Bruce era; didn't those unis vs Iowa this year look great?

BTW: In the 1977 game vs Iowa - the first game that resumed the series after the hiatus in 1934 (I think), we came out in the infamous "Beat Iowa" across the front of our jerseys. I must be the only one who thought that was so cool; most 'Clones just thought it psyched up Iowa and propelled them to the 12-10 victory, despite the fact that we returned most of our 2nd in the nation offense from '76. IMO, Bruce relied too much on Dexter Green (that and the fact that our starting QB was hurt before the season started, then the back-up QB got hurt, so we had to start freshman John Quinn). Iowa started a freshman QB - the coach's son, Bob Cummings Jr. We missed a 43-yd FG early in the 4th Q and no team ever threatened a score. I've been psychologically damaged ever since:mask: