2 Interesting FB tidbits

cyclon

Nov 26, 2006
supposedly the gold helmets looked awesome, not sure why they didn't go with them, but don't be surprised to see them within the next couple years.

If we change helmets again in a few years I will be very unhappy. We are trying to start a tradition and making changes to your uniform every few years doesn't help.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I also heard that JP wanted the I to be 'in the background' and the "STATE" to jump out. Personally, I like it...

At first I was skeptical, but it has gone from "growing on me" to "really like it" to "I can't wait for the Nike Elite merchandise to start appearing this summer."

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
We are going back to ISU's colors of the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Here is a picture that Wesley_W took of the 1982 team, which is followed by a picture of our new 2008 uniform. If we are guilty of anything, we are copying ourselves.

f00163_1024x768.jpg

ZVCFVSUFJFTKSBP.20070926163213.jpg

What I see is the addition of a little WHITE. Just a little complete differentiates us from USC. You can tell people that our 70's unis looked like that, but everyone is going to assume we're copying USC.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
The new uniforms are awesome, and I understood the pants would be just like the throwbacks with a gold flake (looks better than USC). I wish we would have used the throwback helmet too, because it's a unique look that would have distinguished us from USC a little more. I think the new logo would look better on the helmet if the cardinal inside the "I" matches the cardinal on the rest of the helmet......anyway it's a huge improvement.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The new uniforms are awesome, and I understood the pants would be just like the throwbacks with a gold flake (looks better than USC). I wish we would have used the throwback helmet too, because it's a unique look that would have distinguished us from USC a little more. I think the new logo would look better on the helmet if the cardinal inside the "I" matches the cardinal on the rest of the helmet......anyway it's a huge improvement.

I think it's going to, at least the lighter shade in the "I". The helmet that was previewed at the press conference I think is the typical helmet they have now with a grey facemask on it with a quickly made logo placed on it. They made those "preview" helmets before the exact color scheme (Pantone numbers) of the new gear was selected. I'm sure by next August it's going to match up much better.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
One of my sources told me that Chizik told the players after the KU game to get ready for the second phase of cuts. I know he didn't invite a few players to spring ball before last season. It sounds like there will be more of the same this season. Chizik told the players that expectations are going up and if you don't fit in, you're going to be out.

I hope this comment is true! If it is, I cannot tell you how happy it makes me!

wyckoff9

Feb 15, 2007
I've heard maybe two walkons and a couple of scholarship players. Trying to get some verification.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
At first I was skeptical, but it has gone from "growing on me" to "really like it" to "I can't wait for the Nike Elite merchandise to start appearing this summer."
That is exactly how I have felt. I am eager to start buying new logo items!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Those four have been asked to leave? Four is all? That is not too many. We lost that many in bball in the last 12 months.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I've heard maybe two walkons and a couple of scholarship players. Trying to get some verification.

Wouldn't it normally be announced after finals, or before the new term begins? After all, it's too easy to check the student database second semester to see who is still enrolled.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Pollard told me that they tried the yellow helmets, but had to have the "state" in white to show up. It washed out in the sun and did not look good. Also, his unofficial poll found much more support for a red helmet, it is seen as a stronger look. As for the "I", our major color is red. Iowa used a gold I. To turn it around doesn't work. The uniforms are similar to the throwbacks. They are similar but also different from USC.
1. Stripes up and down on jerseys
2. Large "Iowa State" on front
3. Golds are diffenent
4. Logo different.
If your colors are red and yellow, (cardinal and gold) you can only get so many variations. There are others similar as well. But in my view, these will look great. And I am glad Mac's blue is gone. He apparently did not like yellow, and basically removed the color from just about everything. I'm glad it's back. As Pollard explained, the current logo USES MORE BLUE AND WHITE THAN OUR SCHOOL COLORS, CARDINAL AND GOLD. Amen

tufnel

Oct 22, 2006
The only complaint I have about uniforms is that it seems we're always changing them......that's kinda bush league, I think. I like the new designs, (I REALLY like the helmet in Me State's sig) but, pick one and stick with it for more than a few years. The new lettermark is strong enough to build an identity on.