2011 Recruiting?

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
First I have heard of her.

Gracie Frizzel, a 5-foot-10 shooting guard from North Little Rock, Ark., has given a verbal commitment to play basketball at Mississippi. The prospect from Central Arkansas Christian School -- who plays club ball with the Arkansas Mavericks -- was also considering Iowa State, TCU, Vanderbilt, Rice, Arkansas-Little Rock and University of Central Arkansas before deciding on Ole Miss.

Gracie Frizzell - College Basketball Recruiting 2011 - ESPN

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

MJVO

Oct 6, 2009

I would estimate maybe 20 girls out of Iowa in the class of 2011 will play DI basketball. Maybe 5 or 6 at BCS schools. That class is loaded and it is a result of Team Iowa, Kingdom Hoops, All Iowa Attack, IBCA, Iowa Lightning (probably forgot a couple clubs) and a lot of hard work. Forgot, in one case Cornhusker Shooting Stars out of Lincoln.

glen

Aug 13, 2010
I have been attending the Gametime league in North Liberty and there are a few high schoolers who play. Was curious if ISU was recruiting any. Tara Gray from E. Marshall and Taylor Shull from Mount Pleasant are two guards. Shull appears to be the more polished. There's a post from South Tama named Madison Baier who someone told me would be a junior next year. She's 6-5 and has a mature body. She didn't appear afraid of playing against Morgan Johnson. Looks to be someone who has some skills.

Also wanted to know if CBF recruited Shantel Lehman from Valley, Elgin High School. She is going to be a freshman @ Kirkwood and has some tools in the post.

Thanks for any information.

Taylor Shull has an offer from Iowa State. Class of 2012

SS09

Nov 9, 2009
Carlie Needles, the No. 90 recruit in the 2011 class has committed to Florida.

She chose Florida over Arizona State, California, Kansas State, and Iowa State.

Meanwhile, out west Stanford has added it's fourth verbal, with yet another top 100 recruit. This was from Jasmine Camp, a 5'7 point guard from Chamblee, Georgia. She is ranked as the 58th recruit in the 2011 class. Stanford has two scholarships left for the 2011 Class.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
note, speaking of Alex Cohen, we are flooded pretty bad here in Milwaukee, over eight inches in 3 hours. Her high school, Nicholet, has four feet of water in it.

NW pulls a mild upset by getting Cohen. Stanford wanted her badly, and now it looks like they are focusing 100% attention on Greenfield:

StanfordScout09

Alexandra Cohen commits to Northwestern. That leaves Samantha Logic and Taylor Greenfield as Stanford's top targets.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
NW pulls a mild upset by getting Cohen. Stanford wanted her badly, and now it looks like they are focusing 100% attention on Greenfield:

StanfordScout09

Alexandra Cohen commits to Northwestern. That leaves Samantha Logic and Taylor Greenfield as Stanford's top targets.

Cohen has been highly interested in academics from the get go, and NW is an hour and a half from home.

I believe Alex Green also has an offer from Stanford now that Messengale is out(guessing she goes to TN.) Awful lot of guards in Stanford's 2011 class. That's going to be some serious competition for playing time among that group. Taylor is a sure starter here. I bet she will be glad when she finally makes her decision because it seems to be a tough one.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Cohen has been highly interested in academics from the get go, and NW is an hour and a half from home.

I believe Alex Green also has an offer from Stanford now that Messengale is out(guessing she goes to TN.) Awful lot of guards in Stanford's 2011 class. That's going to be some serious competition for playing time among that group. Taylor is a sure starter here. I bet she will be glad when she finally makes her decision because it seems to be a tough one.

non-ISU related, but Messengale committed to TN last night. I must be clairvoyant. haha
Tennessee Lady Volunteers Basketball Recruiting 2011 - ESPN

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron