2011 Recruiting?

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Open schollies: 6 (including the one for Ellis)

Verbal:

Fallon Ellis (Missouri City, TX)

Rumored offers:

Taylor Greenfield (Huxley, IA)
Emily Cady (Seward, NE)
Calli Berna (Fayetteville, AR)
Joey Bailey (Gunter, TX)
Alex Cohen (Bayside, WI)
Markisha Wright (DSM, IA)

I imagine we've offered Kiah Stokes (Marion, IA), but I haven't heard anything confirm that

Other names thrown out there:
Eliza Normen (Louisville, CO)
Kara Spotton (Ft Collins, CO)
Sharonda Butts (DSM, IA)
Katie Hempen (Highland, IL)

Normen verballed ASU
Arizona State Sun Devils Basketball Recruiting 2010 - ESPN

heard that she wanted to go somewhere warm....

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
Seward Super-Stater Emily Cady says a potential move by Nebraska to the Big 10 "won't affect my (college) choice that much.
"My dad has been keeping a close eye on it, but I haven't really paid that much attention to it," said the 6-2 senior-to-be who averaged about 20 points a game last summer for the Shooting Stars.
Cady says her top three schools are Nebraska, Kansas State and Iowa State, but says that list could change as she sets up visits after the summer tournaments. Wisconsin, Marquette, Michigan and Michigan State are among the schools she'd like to visit. She's visiting Nebraska on Monday.

Milford's Moore happy to be back on court

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Seward Super-Stater Emily Cady says a potential move by Nebraska to the Big 10 "won't affect my (college) choice that much.
"My dad has been keeping a close eye on it, but I haven't really paid that much attention to it," said the 6-2 senior-to-be who averaged about 20 points a game last summer for the Shooting Stars.
Cady says her top three schools are Nebraska, Kansas State and Iowa State, but says that list could change as she sets up visits after the summer tournaments. Wisconsin, Marquette, Michigan and Michigan State are among the schools she'd like to visit. She's visiting Nebraska on Monday.

Milford's Moore happy to be back on court

I would like to know what seems to be the draw to Wisconsin? Is Lisa Stone really that good of a coach. It took her how many years to get to the NCAA tourney at Wisky only to lose to Vermont in the first round. We are the strongest school on this list - hands down.

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
On facebook on the BF video he said that he had 15 text messages from recruits that were pretty much worried about were Iowa State was going to end up during this big 12 fiasco. That got to mean something! That they were at least still considering Iowa State...

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
On facebook on the BF video he said that he had 15 text messages from recruits that were pretty much worried about were Iowa State was going to end up during this big 12 fiasco. That got to mean something! That they were at least still considering Iowa State...

Well, I am glad that is over and done. Now we can get back to solid recruiting. Sadly, the two teams that left the Big 12 were the ones that we beat on a regular basis. If we could sign just the instate recruits I would think that it would be a good year. Greenfield, Wright, and Butts would be a good class any year. Throw in 2 or 3 more above average players and you have a great freshman group. Add the third DM East player as a walk-on and we would be cheering on a winner. But Taylor Greenfield would be the prize.

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
Well, I am glad that is over and done. Now we can get back to solid recruiting. Sadly, the two teams that left the Big 12 were the ones that we beat on a regular basis. If we could sign just the instate recruits I would think that it would be a good year. Greenfield, Wright, and Butts would be a good class any year. Throw in 2 or 3 more above average players and you have a great freshman group. Add the third DM East player as a walk-on and we would be cheering on a winner. But Taylor Greenfield would be the prize.

Just so you know, We lost to Nebraska twice last year and they were a number one seed. They haven't been traditionally good if thats what you're referring to, however, I think Colorado has been in the past.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Just so you know, We lost to Nebraska twice last year and they were a number one seed. They haven't been traditionally good if thats what you're referring to, however, I think Colorado has been in the past.

On another board, this was posted to suggest the WBB role of the departed in recent years. NU has not been a major force, but, NU had a good year at a bad point in terms of the Cady recruitment, but, she has been very private in her thoughts. ISU is still in a good spot for her and certainly has a better tradition during the Fennelly years - great video on Cyclones.com.

The new big 12 has just gotten tougher, especially for the North teams. Finishes for NU and CU for the last 6 yrs in the conf:

CU - 11,12,9,8,11,12
NU - 1,9,6,4,6,6​

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
On another board, this was posted to suggest the WBB role of the departed in recent years. NU has not been a major force, but, NU had a good year at a bad point in terms of the Cady recruitment, but, she has been very private in her thoughts. ISU is still in a good spot for her and certainly has a better tradition during the Fennelly years - great video on Cyclones.com.
The new big 12 has just gotten tougher, especially for the North teams. Finishes for NU and CU for the last 6 yrs in the conf:

CU - 11,12,9,8,11,12
NU - 1,9,6,4,6,6​

Who is all left for the north division? I think we are going to have a hard time getting Cady because of Neb success last year, but if Neb would go back playing like they usually do because of the lost of their great senior class then I think we stand a chance, a big chance. It says in the article that Cady will be visiting the schools this year to make the right decision, and of course the new basketball facility is a turn on. It is a basketball player paradise, and of course the awesome WBB coaching staff helps win over the recruits! I hope that we get her, she looks like an awesome player! Oh and Taylor Greenfield!

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
you guys have offered Kamra King of Norman Oklahoma as Well

Norman’s King awaits surgery on knee; will miss track season | Varsity High School Blogs

Norman girls basketball standout Kamra King will have to undergo surgery on her right knee after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in the Class 6A state championship game Saturday. However, a date has yet to be determined for the operation.
“They can’t do the surgery right now because my knee is too swollen,â€￾ said the junior point guard. “I’ll do physical therapy until the swelling goes down and then have it done.â€￾
The injury will require six months rehabilitation and will keep King from competing in track and summer AAU basketball. While missing out on the AAU season will cost King some recruiting exposure, she’s already on the radar of numerous colleges. And her state tournament performance will likely increase interest — King scored 33 points in the semifinals the day before her injury.
“I’ve already talked to some schools,â€￾ she said. “And I’ve got my whole senior season to go, so things will work out.â€￾

bhutch65

Sep 17, 2007
Coralville
I have been attending the Gametime league in North Liberty and there are a few high schoolers who play. Was curious if ISU was recruiting any. Tara Gray from E. Marshall and Taylor Shull from Mount Pleasant are two guards. Shull appears to be the more polished. There's a post from South Tama named Madison Baier who someone told me would be a junior next year. She's 6-5 and has a mature body. She didn't appear afraid of playing against Morgan Johnson. Looks to be someone who has some skills.

Also wanted to know if CBF recruited Shantel Lehman from Valley, Elgin High School. She is going to be a freshman @ Kirkwood and has some tools in the post.

Thanks for any information.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
you guys have offered Kamra King of Norman Oklahoma as Well

Her myspace page mentions that ISU has offered her and it doesn't mention any other schools. If she's good enough for us to offer, then in a selfish way it's good for us that she's missing the summer AAU stuff with an ACL tear because the last thing we want is for other schools to get a chance to see how good she is.

High School Sports | Varsity Sports - Part 65

“Here’s the deal with Kamra,†said Mossman. “You can have a good team and run sets and give players information, but the bottom line is you have to have someone on the court who can just go make a play. Kamra can go make a play against anyone.â€

King, who has started since she was a freshman, is averaging 14.2 points per game and has 51 steals on the season. She also led Class 6A in three-point field goal percentage last season, making nearly 50 percent.

“I’d say my strength is driving to the basket and either scoring or dishing the ball to someone who is open,†said King, who opened the season with games of 22 and 25 points. “But being able to shoot the three adds a lot. It makes you harder to defend.â€

Sounds like the type of player I'd like running point at ISU. :)

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I have been attending the Gametime league in North Liberty and there are a few high schoolers who play. Was curious if ISU was recruiting any. Tara Gray from E. Marshall and Taylor Shull from Mount Pleasant are two guards. Shull appears to be the more polished. There's a post from South Tama named Madison Baier who someone told me would be a junior next year. She's 6-5 and has a mature body. She didn't appear afraid of playing against Morgan Johnson. Looks to be someone who has some skills.

Also wanted to know if CBF recruited Shantel Lehman from Valley, Elgin High School. She is going to be a freshman @ Kirkwood and has some tools in the post.

I'll admit none of those names ring a bell with me. I haven't heard much about ISU's recruiting beyond 2011, though.

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
Her myspace page mentions that ISU has offered her and it doesn't mention any other schools. If she's good enough for us to offer, then in a selfish way it's good for us that she's missing the summer AAU stuff with an ACL tear because the last thing we want is for other schools to get a chance to see how good she is. :)

Darci and Jessica had the same injury at the same time in their hs career I believe. And it didn't stop KU's McCray from being picked 7th in WNBA draft.

There is a vype news story about her high school team. It mentions KU and OU looking at her. And the team photo, I think she is no. 10.

Oklahoma Basketball Preview 2009

"Kamra King has already been offered by Iowa State. Kansas has been here to watch her and Oklahoma as well."

Last edited:

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA

Shantel went to a neighboring high school of mine and i dont believe she was being recruited by any DI schools. If she develops a little more inside game she could be a possible recruit for BF but I just dont see that happening. She has a good shot and decent footwork, she's just a little too raw for the college game (DI) at this point.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Darci and Jessica had the same injury at the same time in their hs career I believe. And it didn't stop KU's McCray from being picked 7th in WNBA draft.

There is a vype news story about her high school team. It mentions KU and OU looking at her. And the team photo, I think she is no. 10.

Oklahoma Basketball Preview 2009

"Kamra King has already been offered by Iowa State. Kansas has been here to watch her and Oklahoma as well."

Jess' was a bit earlier. She tore it prior to her junior season. She verballed ISU January of her junior season, so she was an ISU commit before AAU season started.

Darcie's tear was a PCL, but it was around the same time as Kamra -- it forced her to miss AAU season prior to her senior year. I don't know much about PCL tears -- ACL and MCL seem more common.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Shantel went to a neighboring high school of mine and i dont believe she was being recruited by any DI schools. If she develops a little more inside game she could be a possible recruit for BF but I just dont see that happening. She has a good shot and decent footwork, she's just a little too raw for the college game (DI) at this point.

She sounds like a good juco candidate, then, and you can't do much better than Kirkwood.

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
mred

Her myspace page mentions that ISU has offered her and it doesn't mention any other schools. If she's good enough for us to offer, then in a selfish way it's good for us that she's missing the summer AAU stuff with an ACL tear because the last thing we want is for other schools to get a chance to see how good she is.

High School Sports | Varsity Sports - Part 65

Sounds like the type of player I'd like running point at ISU. :)

I think Sherri is on her now but you are right that her missing the AAU season really benefits us like our MBB benefitted from everyone thinking that Godfrey was not going to qualify so didn't bother and we scored.

also a tidbit from yesterday, I think someone had mentioned somewhere that we were no longer in the game or something about Berna (Arkansas) but she is very interested and was here recently.
Also, wish I could remember the guards name from the Houston area that was a bright spot at elite camp. Crown Royal kills them too fast!

Keep your fingers crossed on Brynn Williamson. Just a dandy all the way around!!

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Re: mred

Also, wish I could remember the guards name from the Houston area that was a bright spot at elite camp. Crown Royal kills them too fast!

If I came up with a few names, would you recognize her name if you saw it? Or are you talking about Fallon Ellis?

Last edited:

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
Re: mred

If I came up with a few names, would you recognize her name if you saw it? Or are you talking about Fallon Ellis?

it was not Fallon even though she was.
Let's see if I can fish it again or hit me with one.
thx