2018 Stock Prediction

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Making money doing actually nothing productive is cool....good for society too. All is well. Ignore the man behind the curtain. Buy low, sell high! It will all get bailed out, no worries.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
You buy/trade stocks to get money to get the girl.....when all you really had to do was play guitar.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Making money doing actually nothing productive is cool....good for society too. All is well. Ignore the man behind the curtain. Buy low, sell high! It will all get bailed out, no worries.

I think you've missed a very, VERY important part of investing. Yes, Trading is not really a productive activity and is a zero sum game. However, you need that trading and Liquidity to have a health market. And the Stock Market is VERY important because it creates CAPITAL investment which allows businesses to build and expand. That is a very important part of an economy.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I think you've missed a very, VERY important part of investing. Yes, Trading is not really a productive activity and is a zero sum game. However, you need that trading and Liquidity to have a health market. And the Stock Market is VERY important because it creates CAPITAL investment which allows businesses to build and expand. That is a very important part of an economy.

That is the conventional wisdom. And what is taught in high school. I guess I agree that is what our market was....past tense. From my observation, it is now a vehicle to extract wealth from all those 401k's and 403b's of the bourgeois every so often. 2008 showed me it is eerily perfected now. Keeping the host barely alive like some face-sucking octopus that Tom Skerit is too scared to lay the liquid nitrogen on.
Sure, Facebook and snapchat have got their CAPITAL on paper for their overlords...but they don't do anything of value......at BEST.
The most important and exceptional part of any economy is that you PRODUCE items of value. I am fascinated by this Wall Street/Main Street/Dirt Road debate....for Amercia and other nations that are not us. Why are nations different? All factors weighed.....A kingdom, say, rich in oil and closer to the fantasy of the Handmaids Tale in culture than what the programmed zombies think we are becoming have UNLIMITED CAPITAL so to speak at the disposal of the royalty....what do they do with it?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
You may not think FaceBook and the rest produce things of value (I probably don't think they really do either). But they do things and employ many people to do the things they do. It is still producing value. Markets have always had good runs and bad. If you expect a market to go up forever because someone said so well that was just some bad ideas being pushed around.

• Friendly
Reactions: dirtyninety

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
You may not think FaceBook and the rest produce things of value (I probably don't think they really do either). But they do things and employ many people to do the things they do. It is still producing value. Markets have always had good runs and bad. If you expect a market to go up forever because someone said so well that was just some bad ideas being pushed around.
I don't expect it to go up forever.....I think the complete opposite and will be with you on that...I expect this house of cards to come crashing down at some point...and then the EBT cards stop working and the walmart shelves are empty........to think it can't happen at all is crazy, because it can.

• Winner
Reactions: Doc

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
No, I never really got the initial file made this year. If i have time tomorrow Ill try to post some results.